SOLVED! DDM, PDM and keyless entry fob not working after a work done on the truck

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Does the BCM have a ground wire? I can't find any only the red thick wire for power.

Yes ... The BCM is grounded at the same point as the DDM, G302 on the lower left B pillar. A single wire runs from that ground point to the rear fuse block. It splits there and runs up through the rear fuseblock through that green flat ribbon cable at tracks A11 and B11. Inside the BCM circuit board these two tracks are rejoined/soldered together. They ran two tracks only to distribute the load carried by the two tracks.

Reactions: ghost_leader07

ghost_leader07

Original poster
Dec 18, 2019
UAE
Yes ... The BCM is grounded at the same point as the DDM, G302 on the lower left B pillar. A single wire runs from that ground point to the rear fuse block. It splits there and runs up through the rear fuseblock through that green flat ribbon cable at tracks A11 and B11. Inside the BCM circuit board these two tracks are rejoined/soldered together. They ran two tracks only to distribute the load carried by the two tracks.
Ok, I'm getting my friend's obd2 scanner maybe tomorrow or by Friday and I'll do the check for the communication wire as well, i believe the scanner can do actuation tests as well as reading all modules, I'm hoping it can help with figuring out the issue.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Ok, I'm getting my friend's obd2 scanner maybe tomorrow or by Friday and I'll do the check for the communication wire as well, i believe the scanner can do actuation tests as well as reading all modules, I'm hoping it can help with figuring out the issue.

Look for a scantool test of the communications system. On a Tech 2 there is a test that will show a list of the modules and whether or not they are alive on the network.

With that Bluetooth OBD2 adapter ($14) there is a way to actually see the replies from the modules instead of just a yes/no type of display that a Tech 2 or similar scantool gives.

ghost_leader07

Original poster
Dec 18, 2019
UAE
Look for a scantool test of the communications system. On a Tech 2 there is a test that will show a list of the modules and whether or not they are alive on the network.
Ok I'll look for that.

With that Bluetooth OBD2 adapter ($14) there is a way to actually see the replies from the modules instead of just a yes/no type of display that a Tech 2 or similar scantool gives
If a cheap obd2 adapter can do that, I'm pretty sure a more advanced one can show it as well, the one my friend's have it's a not fancy scanner it's actually a Bluetooth obd2 adapter with somewhat professional diagnostic features plus it's the only scanner that i tested and was able to communicate with ECU and rest of the modules, the cheaper ones weren't able to connect at all.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Does the BCM have a ground wire? I can't find any only the red thick wire for power.

There are free manuals available here on GMTNation that include wiring diagrams. These can be difficult to find stuff in there sometimes.

There is also the website linked below that has free manuals both online and for download. This site is easily navigated to find what you are looking for once you get the hang of it.

In this link below I have navigated to the 2004 Body Control Module wiring diagram.

ghost_leader07

Original poster
Dec 18, 2019
UAE
There are free manuals available here on GMTNation that include wiring diagrams. These can be difficult to find stuff in there sometimes.

There is also the website linked below that has free manuals both online and for download. This site is easily navigated to find what you are looking for once you get the hang of it.

In this link below I have navigated to the 2004 Body Control Module wiring diagram.

Thanks for including these manuals however I'm not savvy enough to understand these very well so I'd need your help with it, thank you again for sparing the time to help me through this.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramblinjon

Members Online