Custome bracket for off road lights for a 9-7?

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Hey all,
It has been a while since I have been on here. Hope all is well for everyone. I recently put some winter tires on my 9-7 and have been looking to add to my truck. I really wanted to add some Rigid Industries Dually off road lights. I really like the look of the Ford F150 Raptor style fog lights. I have pictures to show the bracket that they use for the Raptor. I really don't know if this project is going to be too ambitious. I was thinking of cutting out where the existing fog lights are, and putting these there. Any suggestions?
Thanks all

Attachments

• rigid.jpg
    rigid.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 24
  • ford f150 raptor rigid.jpg
    ford f150 raptor rigid.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 22

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Those are cool to go to the mall, but for using the lights for real off road, they need to be higher. Roof rail ones are the best, because they're above your line of sight. Allow you to see slightly over rises on the trail so you aren't going into a black pit of no visibility.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
If you were rally racing they may be ok. The normally run them around the same height as the headlights though.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would tuck them in the grill.

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
The_Roadie said:
Those are cool to go to the mall, but for using the lights for real off road, they need to be higher. Roof rail ones are the best, because they're above your line of sight. Allow you to see slightly over rises on the trail so you aren't going into a black pit of no visibility.
Lol, Makes sense, I do not see a point in getting the fogs. I was maybe thinking about putting it behind the grill. Or maybe making my own mesh grill, and putting the light right in the middle. Is that possible?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I think you could adapt a led light bar right into the grill. Replacement ones are fairly cheap if you buy a spare to cut up. Could be really cool actually.

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Yes. Well I actually have an idea that I think may be more reasonable. I wanted to get rid of the stupid Honeycomb grill I currently have, and make a mesh grill. Using mesh from this place : www.customcargrills.com . Then I wanted to mount these beautiful KC C Series Light bar, more than likely to the outside of the grill. I think it would look pretty cool.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Mesh grill...$5 worth of gutter guard. Was a mod I did back in the day.

Reactions: djthumper

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.