Jan 4, 2012
dayum, Mikey likey :drooling:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The stick-on SS badges look upside down :duh:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Description makes it sound like a trailer queen. It does look cool though. Minus the flag vinyl.

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
Yep, trailer queen. double nerf bars. Never been wheeled. The guy (shop) who was paid to build it actually built it right, but the owner never has done anything but trailer queen it.

Mike

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
It's got all the "Right Stuff" but,with the salvage title and compromised computer I don't think that it could be registered or inspected...at least in NY:undecided:...Mike

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Just noticed it has a mirrored hood liner :rotfl: I also have a feeling it was never an SS, but I could be wrong.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The SS never, AFAIK, had side molding.
I don't believe it would meet emissions standards in most states.
It does look good though.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
It would have to be a trailer queen in most states. You can't pull a motor swap like that in CA.

I submit that no part of it was ever from an SS except the stickers, and they are upside down. 4.10 gears with 39" tires are not a good fit for aggressive functional rock crawling, but shows give poodle prizes for bling, not functionality.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Junk totalled truck from a flood that got redone into a show truck. The owner is an idiot. I have attempted to talk to him, but he is clueless. He just has money and pays people to build him sweet trucks. He told me this one was built for DRAG RACING not offroading. One shitty setup for either as it sits.

This could and would be a great wheeler, but you would need to strip off some BS and have some balls to take it offroad. Also need to really mount the bumpers as the last I saw the truck they had a few 3/8 bolts holding them on and not much else. It does seem he kinda closed in the rear floor, but the coilovers still will bring mud and water into the cabin. I would, drop the spring rates a shade to lower it down some and put 37s on it, then beat it. Which is exactly what the builder said he wanted to do, but the owner is clueless and was the one paying for it.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
HARDTRAILZ said:
Junk totalled truck from a flood that got redone into a show truck. The owner is an idiot. I have attempted to talk to him, but he is clueless. He just has money and pays people to build him sweet trucks. He told me this one was built for DRAG RACING not offroading.

YEAH...I know that if there is one thing that I need in a Drag Race it's a "sturdy winch":rotfl:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Clearly someone put a TON of work and $$$ in this thing; but a little too Neil Patrick Harris for me if you know what I mean...

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
So this had me wondering...what's the biggest envoy/tb out there that u guys have seen? Like 18+ inches of lift at least.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I think this is the tallest. Most are built for function.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Member kkeas on the OS, has a custom 7" suspension lift. (took me forever to find it :crazy:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I wonder how that is holding up. He never really got us the pics we asked for of the setup he built. Not sure how it would hold up offroad. The tires are are smaller than several of us run and it fits in a garage, so its not that tall.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yeah, I remember lurking on that thread, hoping to see how things turned out. I would think anytime someone comes up with something new, that's never been done, it would be natural for them to unleash their inner pic whore to show off. :weird:

Unless, of course, they are BSing... :hopeless:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
yea i remember this from 4wheel jamboree. All show and no go. However I did like the design of the rear bumper, would just need to be made stronger. Looked like he found the lightest steel possible to make it.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
kkeas was a steelworker with access to just about everything including heat treating equipment. Dropped his diff below the oil pan like a traditional IFS lift kit would do, and inserted an extension in his steering knuckles to accommodate the drop. Was his wife's truck and he didn't wheel it, so the ultimate strength of the setup was never tested. Inthe early days of the platform, I haunted all the lift companies at offroad shows, and called them up to see if they would do the same for our platform. Got universal rejection since these folks (Fabtech, etc.) all saw too small a market.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
After reading that thread back on the OS, it sure seems like a waste of time... considering it was never "wheeled" it's hard to see how durable his fabrication actually was.

I loved the comments the "hardcore" wheelers made - it seemed as though he was getting a tad defensive once he learned about the extensive knowledge you guys actually had regarding the platform... :wink:

To each his own I guess... :tongue:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
We were willing to learn at the feet of a master steelworker, but he got butt-hurt and took his toy home. His loss, and the community's. If you can't take a bit of hazing, you have no business doing any hard wheeling in this platform on trails where you might encounter better-built rigs with poorly-brought-up owners, is my opinion.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I wonder how that is holding up. He never really got us the pics we asked for of the setup he built. Not sure how it would hold up offroad. The tires are are smaller than several of us run and it fits in a garage, so its not that tall.

that's the guy that elongated his spindles and lowered the diff, right?

edit:
the roadie said:
Dropped his diff below the oil pan like a traditional IFS lift kit would do, and inserted an extension in his steering knuckles to accommodate the drop.
durr nevermind

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online