Carlisle ATN Aug 1-3, 2014......who's in?

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
ssmedt said:
Never know what parts you will find in the swap meet area
detroitandcarlisle2009062.jpg

Those mirrors ended up benefiting three trucks! You bought them for the smoke lenses. I then bought them from you for the covers. Then sold the rest of the mirror with my covers to someone for a turn signal and heated mirror upgrade!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
So I take it that it is a good idea to bring tools and spare parts to this event. I found a guy to cover my weekend in August for work, so now I need to purchase my event pass and will be ready to go. That and booking a hotel room.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
dmanns67 said:
So I take it that it is a good idea to bring tools and spare parts to this event.

Certainly can't hurt! Especially if you have a project that you need help with.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
FYI:

I have spoken to the show coordinator at Carlisle. We will have a reserved space and a tent. He can't promise that we will have the same space that we have had in years past. He has not done the layouts yet and a lot of it depends on how many people register. When you register be sure to click the drop down box and register with GMTNation!! :cool:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
dmanns67 said:
So I take it that it is a good idea to bring tools and spare parts to this event.

Ghoster said:
Certainly can't hurt! Especially if you have a project that you need help with.

And if you (or anyone who may read this) would like a hand with something, feel free to post what you want to do. Some of us like to be prepared.:cool:

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
Some of the different typs of mods people have done at the show include sterio upgrades, lighting upgrades (hid, mirror turn signals, addition of fog lights, etc) redline hood props and stuff like that so just list your project and there is probably someone there with experience with that mod

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
ssmedt said:
Some of the different typs of mods people have done at the show include sterio upgrades, lighting upgrades (hid, mirror turn signals, addition of fog lights, etc) redline hood props and stuff like that so just list your project and there is probably someone there with experience with that mod

and underbody neon!!:lipsrsealed:

SSportWagon

Dec 20, 2013
is there camping on site ?

.. anyone do (ecm) tunes ? I want DoD G-O-N-E !! adding a qt. of oil every 500 miles or so has gotten old

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
SSportWagon said:
is there camping on site ?

.. anyone do (ecm) tunes ? I want DoD G-O-N-E !! adding a qt. of oil every 500 miles or so has gotten old

They do not have on site camping for this event. They did in the past, but the event is so large now that they use the camping areas for something else. It looks like they have numerous campsites very close to the show grounds, but they will book quickly!

khoover

Jun 25, 2012
We are bringing the boy down this year. He is all excited about the monster trucks and seeing the big trucks ( lifted). Holiday Inn Express is reasonable 120 a night (new hotel). :smile:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
We're planning on bringing our 20lb terrorist down as well. He might be a 30lb terrorist by then.:cool:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Haha your son and my wife have something in common. She is excited as well to see the monster trucks. That's actually how I sold the trip to her :rotfl:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva

I don't know how I have a monster truck pic but I do. The wife musta snagged when I wasn't looking!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Don't know if I'll spend the night but its only a two hour drive for me. Maybe this is the year.

GrizzlyDippah

Apr 18, 2014
I am going to plan for this event! Be my first time to a meet to see all the guys around here trolling the forums lol. Hopefully I will have my TB's motor in and some nice mods done to it. 10 hour drive for me 600 miles. Maybe I'll bring a friend down and split the gas :undecided: .

I can't wait to see all the mods you guys have done!

So the cheapest Hotel is $80.00 a night? Let me know where all you guys are staying and I'll try to get a room booked. And any Agenda planned, Other than the Truck Nationals?

Reactions: MAY03LT

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
What's good!? Yeah that's the cheapest that I found. I haven't been at that hotel myself so I can't say if it's good or bad. khoover said that the holiday inn is a newer hotel and is $120. It's still kinda early so nothings set in stone yet. There's no set agenda but I'm sure there will be some night time activities. Hope you can make it!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I will be buying my tickets on the 1st of May. Have to buy the Jimmy Buffet tickets first... Says the wife

GrizzlyDippah

Apr 18, 2014
Ya I will be buying my tickets as soon as my tb is ready to drive! So most likely in a month or less! Can't wait! Might even have a convoy of friends coming down to show in other platforms like dodge and Chevy/GMC pickups.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
We would love to have any GM trucks join us. I haven't driven a Trailblazer in many years!

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
About a 6-7 hour drive for me. My daughter will only be 4 months by then, so that counts out making that trip.... One of these days..

GrizzlyDippah

Apr 18, 2014
I am gonna have to buy some tickets soon got 3 friends wanting to go! An 02 lowered Chevy and 82 lifted and looking fine Chevy and poss 1 other

Reactions: dmanns67

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I'm doing another run of Trailblazer dual park boards. If there's any interest I'll donate a pair to raffle off.

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Dude... I drive 20 minutes more than this to get to work when I drive! I am totally there! I'll bring all 47 kids and the wife and we'll have a blast. How/where do we meet up? we would just be coming up for Saturday though. I am not staying in a hotel that is an hour from my house.

Lookin forward to it!!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Word up. The site was nice enough to get us a spot on the showfield which is where we hang. There will be more details as the day gets closer.

I'm looking forward to it as well - I need a freaking vacation. :cool:

Reactions: khoover

GrizzlyDippah

Apr 18, 2014
I'm gonna have to see what I wanna do :tongue: I might have a sawzall but I'm not a pro at welding yet haha only using torches.

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Well at the very least we can hack it off. Wouldnt mind a drl kill / quad light rewire tutorial that may suggested.

Damn this is gonna be fun.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Man I thought it was bad when the roadie called the resonator "the indicator of a soccer mom or an enthusiast".

DRL kills and quads are common mods done at the show. The dual turns/quad brakes are cheap enough that they might be a popular mod as well. (This is unrelated to the dual park circuit board mod mentioned a few posts up).

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
quads.jpg

All good man.....it makes it so that both the top and middle lights both light up (instead of just the tops) when the parking lights/headlights are on. They shoulda came like this from the factory.

smitty5150

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Definitely dig the quad tails. Pretty sure I figured out a way to wire up quad headlights without doing the backseat mod. If it works out, I'll be able to modify the wiring at the headlight without opening them and I will surely bring along everything needed to do so.

Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
Mark20 said:
Don't know if I'll spend the night but its only a two hour drive for me. Maybe this is the year.
I agree. 2 hour drive and Im really hoping to get out there gotta see if I have the time. I'll keep my truck hidden as well.. :whistle: 100% Stock.... couple of scuffs in front and rear bumpers PO was not very careful about parking so I hear.
upgraded goodies no longer in the budget. No one wants to see a stocker., :faint:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
You guys are so lucky. :frown:

About stock trucks - bring them! My TB might have a lot of mods but at the end of the day it is a 178k daily driver and is FAR from perfect. I picked up a few more scratches and dings from inconsiderate a-holes so I'll be as scratchy as ever this year.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
This is one event I'll go to some day but I don't have any available time off.

Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
So what are the chances of getting the 3.5 MM jack mod done? as well as how would this work? you need to bring supplies or just bring cash and someone else has the supplies?

If just let me know what I need... Depends on if a certain Individual Close enough to me gets his Ass in Gear to get the gauges done... ill do that or bring with me and do at the show :smile:
Maybe some LED modding.... Who knows.. Just want to know if i should be hunting down parts now or just bring cash enough to cover some labor and parts there? Never been there before , while i had my lincoln always thought of going. but never did...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evan.wyatt

Members Online