DEAL Cabin Air Filter Doors

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Anyone get theirs yet? Any installs?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Got mine. Install pics coming after I change the oil pressure sensor on the escalade.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
littleblazer said:
Got mine. Install pics coming after I change the oil pressure sensor on the escalade.
Did the packaging hold up okay?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Semborski said:
Did the packaging hold up okay?
Same, packing was perfect.

Reactions: Semborski

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Glad to see this venture getting off to a good start! :yes: :2thumbsup:

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Decided to actually go ahead and perform the mod myself even though I told myself I wouldn't. It turned out nice. I will say cutting that hole is a bitch without a dremel. I used a torch to heat a utility knife. The foam I ordered for kits worked awesome. I got some Activated charcoal filters and already feel a difference in air quality. Anyone know the best way to clean out the air ducts without removing them obviously.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Semborski said:
Decided to actually go ahead and perform the mod myself even though I told myself I wouldn't. It turned out nice. I will say cutting that hole is a bitch without a dremel. I used a torch to heat a utility knife. The foam I ordered for kits worked awesome. I got some Activated charcoal filters and already feel a difference in air quality. Anyone know the best way to clean out the air ducts without removing them obviously.
I thought it was pretty easy using the knife and torch. I didn't want the particles from the dremel in the duct. I have pics I'm going to add tomorrow.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
I know I had some idea's for the SS but I just had my leg amputated. I'll have to get back to you on this in the spring. I know some of the guys would love a peace to snap on the rear quarter panels to protect them wile they race.

chipjumper

May 4, 2014
Can you show me how I should be cutting the foam that was included?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I know the foam I used I just cut to the length of the piece. So before it narrows. I cut this one too short but I think it'll help.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422166955054.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422166955054.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 44

Trkdrvremt

Oct 22, 2014
NJ
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422167707.085920.jpg

This is what I did... Haven't checked the fit yet but I went with what I could make out from the picture of both doors in the beginning of this topic....

chipjumper

May 4, 2014
littleblazer said:
I know the foam I used I just cut to the length of the piece. So before it narrows. I cut this one too short but I think it'll help.
Did that fit AND seal good?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
chipjumper said:
Did that fit AND seal good?
If you put you hand by it you can feel slightly warm air on high. So yea I believe it sealed good. [emoji106]

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Match one of the Corners of the foam to one of the corners on the door by the screw post part. And press it flat and firmly. Cut the one long side hanging off and the other right before the curved corners by the flange

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I've got some install pictures in the build thread, I didn't want to clutter this post, it is also sort of a how to but not really. But there are some pictures! :rotfl:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Can someone please mention why one of these is needed? I haven't looked at mine so I'm clueless....Mike. :confused:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
northcreek said:
Can someone please mention why one of these is needed? I haven't looked at mine so I'm clueless....Mike. :confused:
We have no cabin filter except for some 02's. With this you can cut out the spot and add them.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Some of us actually have air filters in there. Until I got them in there I smelled dust all of the time.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
HARDTRAILZ said:
We have no cabin filter except for some 02's. With this you can cut out the spot and add them.
Thanks!...I needed a little project to help me get through this boring weather. I picked up the filters today and I'll probably fab a cover out of some SS that I have from other projects....Mike.
ps It will also give me a good access point to stick in my bore scope if I smell antifreeze again.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Just a follow-up on this little mini mod.
I did fab a cover out of .125" stainless, not as pretty as the OP's covers but, functional and fulfills my desire to replace as many plastic parts with SS as I can. :rotfl:
> FYI making the cutout with a razor knife can be made much easier if you heat the plastic with a heat gun first.
> Also the rough cut opening can be made to look factory if you sear the edges with a mini torch.
Thankful that you guys steered me onto this option that never happened...Mike :thumbsup:
ps it was clean as a whistle in there....and oh yeah...some picscaf 1.JPGcaf 2.JPGcaf 3.JPG

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I was planning to do a writeup on the install but this video pretty much covers it. only difference is you take a heat gun and warm the plastic up and cut the blank out for 2004+. It is actually really easy, i could def tell a difference in airflow but now that speed 5 works it seems kinda normal. mine was all clean inside as well. I used tire plug strips to seal the door they are tacky and seal nicely, then they peel right off when you need to remove the door. I also printed a small label of the filter number and put on the door.

:thumbsup:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I was going to film it. But it was pitch black, very poor lighting. And the next day was supposed to be 15 with 25 mph winds, so I did it at night. It takes 20 minutes max.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

chipjumper

May 4, 2014
Did mine the other day. Used a Harbor Fright butane crack torch to heat up the plastic and the box cutter blade. Cut it like butter. Was quite tedious work for one of the long sides due to the clearance. I have a little side leak from the edge side but it is so weak. Not even going to address that issue. It's like 0 degrees out and with the heat on full blast, no cold draft is felt nor heard on the passenger side. I might recommended a more "sticky" type of sealer. I have about 50 feet of this thin sticky rubbery tape used to seal up damn near anything. I should have used that with the foam. Regardless, it's buttoned up and working great! Make sure you document the model filter used in the back of the owners manual or tape the filter part number ripped off the box there. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422911254.374704.jpg

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Update: 2 left for free shipping.

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
Sorry I have been inactive. Yes I still have the plans for these and would be happy to discuss getting some out to you.

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Hello, interested in one with a Foam Seal. I sent you a PM Tuesday (2-9-16) but haven't heard back yet...still interested!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
He has not been on since you PMd him, give him some time. He will get back to you.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online