Bilstein vs skyjacker rear shocks

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Ok so here is the dilemma, I got a very good deal on some skyjacker n8030 rear shocks so I jumped on them, I am now second guessing myself thinking I want to get bilsteins. Am I crazy for thinking that or will the skyjackers be better than bilsteins? If this info is in another thread please let me know, I didn't see any spot where it was clearly discussed between the two. Thanks!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The skyjackers are not half the shock the Bilsteins are. They are a cheap nothing white body shock.

The 5125 have digressive valving and are a huge improvement over the basic Skyjacker 8030 or Rancho or Rough Country or BDS.

Reactions: xavierny25

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Thank you! Definitely will be getting the bilsteins instead of skyjackers, you suggest getting the 5125s?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
They are longer than factory shocks and require spacers of some sort, so right, they will be listed as not fitting.

But hey, that's what happens when you mod stuff.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The skyjacker dont technically fit either.

You just stack washers on the sides when bolting them on. All the longer shocks we use with lifts need them.

Reactions: tsmith1156

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
They are longer than factory shocks and require spacers of some sort, so right, they will be listed as not fitting.

But hey, that's what happens when you mod stuff.

Very true!

The skyjacker dont technically fit either.

You just stack washers on the sides when bolting them on. All the longer shocks we use with lifts need them.

True, have you heard anything on moog 81069 springs?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nope. If those moogs are rear, then I dont pay attention. I got the Skyjacker springs and they have been good, but they give about 4 inches lift.

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Nope. If those moogs are rear, then I dont pay attention. I got the Skyjacker springs and they have been good, but they give about 4 inches lift.

Oh ya cause you have the radflos in front so they probably work great together, I guess I'll try them out. When they time comes I may recruit you for some guidance if you have any free time haha

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I tend to make stuff happen. :wink:

I had the Skyjacker with the 3 inch and 88 setup first actually. I ran stock and z71 and some random japanese lift coils and all sorts of spacers over the years.

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I tend to make stuff happen. :wink:

I had the Skyjacker with the 3 inch and 88 setup first actually. I ran stock and z71 and some random japanese lift coils and all sorts of spacers over the years.

I am pretty sure I have everything on order, now to just receive it and find some of your free time to drink beer and install and earn some money haha

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yes.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online