Beware of the GM Dealer you chose for repairs...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
This has been going around on tbssowners... so i thought i would share this here... to sum up, a guy in South Carolina took in his 2010 Camaro SS for repairs under warranty... and if you read the story and listen to the youtube video, you will see what this is all about... also here is the link to the caamaro5 forum where the thread was initially started.. and then a link to the thread on tbssowners... its unfortunate that dealers do this, and partially the reason they all get such a bad name, or the stereotype "dont take your vehicle to a dealer".. well heres one reason why... it has blown up in a matter of days, from facebook, all the way to yahoo... soon to be the local news im sure.. and all the guy wants, is for the dealership to buy the car back...

Camaro owner records mechanics abusing car, scheming to get damages paid for | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

Camaro joy ride at a GM dealership - TBSSOWNERS.com Forums - The #1 TrailblazerSS Dedicated Owners Forum

Camaro ABUSED by dealer - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Got to love the hillbillies of the world.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
makes me juuuuust a little bit nervous to take mine back in for the tick on the new motor next week... luckily my dad works there.. but still, he isn't there all day everyday...

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Boricua SS said:
makes me juuuuust a little bit nervous to take mine back in for the tick on the new motor next week... luckily my dad works there.. but still, he isn't there all day everyday...

You should see what most the guys do with cars right off the truck.... Before anyone gets their brand new car it has been sufficiently beat on... And then some...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
McGMT said:
You should see what most the guys do with cars right off the truck.... Before anyone gets their brand new car it has been sufficiently beat on... And then some...

oh i dont discount that at all... just a damn shame... you go to these people for help....

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
I saw that on an other site.....................but, how was it recorded, hidden mic, a spy, or a fake?

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
RayVoy said:
I saw that on an other site.....................but, how was it recorded, hidden mic, a spy, or a fake?

the guy put a digital recorder in the door pocket of the camaro... thats what i read at least, and thats what he said on the camaro5 forum...

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Ok, so he must have been trying to catch 'em

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea, according to the Yahoo blog, he had an incident before, but just didnt have proof of what was done to the vehicle.. so now when he goes, voice recorder!! :rotfl:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
That's F'd up, GM didn't step in wow? I bring mine to Classic Chevrolet and so far no bs........maybe I should start putting voice recorder in my TB when I bring it in..............:undecided:hmmmm

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Dealership getting beat down w the internet.

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Soapbox!

This is the type of crap the government should exist to prevent or prosecute. They should stop sticking their noses where it doesn't belong - who marries who, what substances people use, anything religious whatsoever/playing morality police, how many kids you have, etc - and serve the role of preserving the peace and protecting its citizens from each other or foreign states.

Simplified legal system
1 - Intentionally cause physical, financial, or property harm to someone else or act in a reckless fashion likely to cause harm? Federal pound you in the ass prison. Agents of businesses from lowest levels to highest levels are just as liable for prison if they intentionally act in a harmful fashion whether they were just taking orders or not.
2 - Accidentally cause harm to someone else? Civil court with mandatory non-binding arbitration as a first step and award limitations to prevent egregious overpayments. If you're abusing the civil court system to take advantage of others, see rule 1.
3 - doing something that doesn't hurt anyone else? Nobody is allowed to stop you. If they try, see rule 1.

Simplified tax code: everyone pays same percentage regardless of income amount, source, number of kids, charity, etc. Government is required to balance budget including a minimum 10% deficit reduction prior to each fiscal year or all legislators are ineligible for future election to any position.
:lipsrsealed::mad:

Ok, breathe.

Annnd off soapbox! :smile:

ksimm92

Apr 28, 2012
reminds me of why I always do the work myself, so I know its done right and nobody f$%@ with it. :yes: Feel bad for the guy though...

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
I wonder how many people that have had their vehicles serviced at this dealership are now thinking "Hmmm, I wonder if they did that to my car?" How many more lawsuits do you think will be filed against the dealer?

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
Dad-O-Matic said:
I wonder how many people that have had their vehicles serviced at this dealership are now thinking "Hmmm, I wonder if they did that to my car?" How many more lawsuits do you think will be filed against the dealer?

I hope many are filed. I would like to see the television news media involved. The televised story would be archived on youtube for every to see who googles them. Whether or not the recording was "legally" done, I don't care. It is his private property and the proof is in there regardless.

Canary2323

Mar 31, 2012
I just read that other article on the Chevy dealership that had guy arrested because they charged him wrong amount and he wouldn't sign new contract, so they had him arrested . Then said sorry.. That's some bullshit.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
I read the forum posts about the guy who bought a Challenger R/T on Ebay for $29K and the dealer wouldn't honor the price. After it had been re-posted on over 100 forums and the media got involved, the dealer finally caved.

Dealers used to get away with this stuff because the damage was done locally through "word of mouth". Their attitude is "Who cares if one guys gets pissed off, we'll fleece a few dozen suckers to make up the difference." I know first hand because I used to work at a dealership when times were tough. I quit even though I'd be unemployed because I couldn't shower enough to get rid of the sleaziness from the dealer.

Now the news goes viral and people from all over the country are calling the dealerships demanding they step up and do the right thing. Hopefully dealers that continue to do business the "old way" will be supplanted by new moral, ethical dealers.

:rant:

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
with the obvious being that everyone is backing the guy up, the other downfall is this dealership is really tarnishing the dealership reputation in the world of repairs... there are good, qualified, and trustworthy people at dealerships.. some of them even on here as members, tbssowners, the OS, etc...

one bad apple, spoils a bunch as they say... i just don't understand why the dealer is fighting this guy, and that GM isn't stepping in to help.. all he wants, is for them to buy the car back.. period... don't understand the logic in letting it go on for this long... but hopefully this guy gets taken care of and can move on from this ordeal...

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
I own a shopping center that has an easement in the back loading area to a Chrysler dealership. Can't tell you how many times I've heard srt8s chirping out as they left for shakedown drives ...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well, looks like there are some updates, and that things might be getting resolved...

UPDATE: General Motors says in a statement that if the recording is valid it does not condone the behavior described, and that it is "actively working closely with the dealer to resolve this situation to the customer's satisfaction."

UPDATE 2: According to Clark, the dealership has bought back the Camaro at a price somewhat above its value, and any proceeds from the transaction will be donated to charitable causes.

the dealership has since removed its facebook page as well since it was getting blasted from everyone too...

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Audio from dealer taking a camaro SS on a joyride only later to accuse the owner of negligence.

I think my BP rose a few points just hearing it.

[video=youtube;8mjBJf0teFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mjBJf0teFE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

dingle

May 26, 2012
When I was a senior in high school we took a tour of the Honda plant in east liberty Ohio where they used to make the civic. someone had the job of as soon as the car came of the assembly line to take the car up to 90 mph and check and make sure all the stuff worked in the car. They'd squeal the tired through every gear shift on the dyno. So i'm sure all the manufacturers so that.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Boricua SS said:
with the obvious being that everyone is backing the guy up, the other downfall is this dealership is really tarnishing the dealership reputation in the world of repairs... there are good, qualified, and trustworthy people at dealerships.. some of them even on here as members, tbssowners, the OS, etc...

one bad apple, spoils a bunch as they say... i just don't understand why the dealer is fighting this guy, and that GM isn't stepping in to help.. all he wants, is for them to buy the car back.. period... don't understand the logic in letting it go on for this long... but hopefully this guy gets taken care of and can move on from this ordeal...

When they're caught Red Handed and the jig is up they would have been better off to stick their tail between their legs and deal with the issue to satify the customer, period. The first loss is the best loss. Unforntunatly for them I don't believe they will have much credability anymore until they fire the bad apples and make it known to the public.

PS. I think the thread called "Dealership Joyride" is the audio of this thread. Maybe it could be merged into this thread if there isn't a link posted to it already.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio

framedforlife

Oct 14, 2012
at least my dealership does not try anything like that my family has bought a new car every year prior to 08 and we are talking about 100 cars in about 60 years!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online