Belltech Bump Stops Crushed

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Well, I used the belltech lowering shock and spring kit in the rear and drop struts in the front and got rid of the air ride on my 2005 Buick Rainier, and I've been driving it like that for 2 weeks, but I just looked today, and my bump stops are sitting on the pad, crushed. I thought that the Belltech bump stop wouldn't have this issue. Should I cut it? Is something wrong?

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Upon farther investigation, the stops are NOT crushed, however, there is not even enough space to fit a finger between the stop and the pad. Still, I see this as an issue as my travel is cut down severely. I sit 31" front and rear on stock tires and rims with no spacers.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
how big are these bump stops? compared to factory? I think the factory ones are around 3" and you're supposed to cut them in half

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
I know Tony is an expert in this because I was just looking at the custom bump stops he sells. I would get in touch with him.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
U must have been bottoming out with them an awful lot. I have the same b stops....I have nooo issues. I trimmed mine tho.

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
jimmyjam said:
how big are these bump stops? compared to factory? I think the factory ones are around 3" and you're supposed to cut them in half

Maybe an inch-ish shorter? I trashed them when I got the ones in the kit... :frown:

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
xtitan1 said:
I know Tony is an expert in this because I was just looking at the custom bump stops he sells. I would get in touch with him.

I left him a message earlier today. I hope to be hearing back from him.

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
jrSS said:
U must have been bottoming out with them an awful lot. I have the same b stops....I have nooo issues. I trimmed mine tho.

How much did you trim them down by? I'm certain that I've been bottoming out on them at this point haha. It was only a suspicion before I got under the car to finally take a look. I've driven it quite a good deal in the past 2 weeks. I guess I have to get back under a car again... :hissyfit:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
02Olds said:
Maybe an inch-ish shorter? I trashed them when I got the ones in the kit... :frown:

Damn man I just threw mine away 2 days ago I would of shipped mine if you really think you need stockers ask around TBSSowners you will find them fast. My rear hasnt had issues with bottoming out. Front has been a different story

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
02Olds said:
How much did you trim them down by? I'm certain that I've been bottoming out on them at this point haha. It was only a suspicion before I got under the car to finally take a look. I've driven it quite a good deal in the past 2 weeks. I guess I have to get back under a car again... :hissyfit:

Cut them in half

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Odd thread that doesn't have an accurate measurement or a picture in it yet. :confused:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I added to my bump stops, but am lifted not lowered.

02Olds

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Sorry guys... I've been pretty busy lately and haven't gotten on here.

I cut down the stops and I'm all good now. Ride significantly got better... due to not bottoming out over a pebble. Handling seemed to have gotten better as well.

For future reference on guys using the Belltech Drop kit, the bump stops are too long! haha

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianmac.2ss

Members Online