Another Canuck to give you a bad time, eh

BC backroader

Original poster
Sep 6, 2014
Hi

just bought an '05 TB EXT, and lovin' it so far, in spite of a few small glitches.

I hunt, fish, prospect, search for Sasquatch, and just generally spend a lot of time on the gravel and dirt in the mountains, but I wasn't looking for a hard-core off roader, been there, done that, decades ago. I was after a comfortable, dependable backroad cruiser with some room to spare, hence the EXT model, with 3rd row seats removed. I've had several buddies out on trips already, and they were all impressed with both the highway ride/handling, and the logging road capability and comfort. In 7 weeks, I've put 7,000 km on it, and learned that I need a 2.5 to 3" lift, and 31 or 32" rubber for the roads I drive, but otherwise extremely happy with this truck.

I'll post a few pics in the gallery when I find it.

Cheers

Reactions: CaptainKD

felicie

Jan 13, 2013
Welcome to the Nation.

May 5, 2013
Samsquanch!! I love that guy!

Welcome aboard bro. Try offroadtb.com to read about lifting.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Welcome fellow Lower Mainlander. There aren't to many of us over here in Vancouver. Don't forget to add yourself to the member map.

Where about do you going log roading? I'm constantly going out around the Hope area myself. The fam and I like the camping out there to. Just got back from Jones lake(first time there).

Again welcome

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome! A lot of the lifted guys that are here are over on ORTB and will help you out.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Welcome, I'm just glad it was not Justin Beiber!

Reactions: Mounce

BC backroader

Original poster
Sep 6, 2014
Justin who? I'm a country music lover.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

High Voltage, that's one mean lookin' EXT, but I can't go that tall, as my short, mobility challanged, sweetheart has to get in and out to drive this rig, since she was kind enough to let me trade her Montana "granny van" in on the TB.

Sir ffeJ, I was across the river from you on Sunday, up Ruby Creek. I have probably driven every back road in the southern half of BC in the last 53 years since I got my licence, and many in the rest of the Province, as well, but my current haunts are mostly east of Manning Park.

I've already browsed offroadtb, and researched the BDS lift, even found a local dealer/installer, now I just need to save my pension pennies, or win the lottery, to get going on the mods.

Reactions: Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Howdy there pardner

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome aboard!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
BC backroader said:
Justin who? I'm a country music lover.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

High Voltage, that's one mean lookin' EXT, but I can't go that tall, as my short, mobility challanged, sweetheart has to get in and out to drive this rig, since she was kind enough to let me trade her Montana "granny van" in on the TB.

Sir ffeJ, I was across the river from you on Sunday, up Ruby Creek. I have probably driven every back road in the southern half of BC in the last 53 years since I got my licence, and many in the rest of the Province, as well, but my current haunts are mostly east of Manning Park.

I've already browsed offroadtb, and researched the BDS lift, even found a local dealer/installer, now I just need to save my pension pennies, or win the lottery, to get going on the mods.
Welcome to the nation! Just a heads up Bds will likely Not back their warranty if something goes wrong with their kit.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online