4.2 Envoy Turbo Build

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Very nice. Heavy engine modding ftw hahah hope you plan on flushing the pan after doing that.. Soon now the rices have to talk about getting beat by an envoy not just the TBSS anymore hahah

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Very nice. Heavy engine modding ftw hahah hope you plan on flushing the pan after doing that.. Soon now the rices have to talk about getting beat by an envoy not just the TBSS anymore hahah

amen to that! and the crown vic is fast too haha. I flushed the pan 6 times so far and no more shavings. might be up and running tonight if I can hook up everything tonight. There WILL be videos of that for sure!

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
update: installing all the parts. ran thecwiring for oil temp, ran my oil feed line, ran all the intercooler piping, cut and ran the intake pipe, boost gauge is in, a new oil filter/sandwhich plate adapter, and now just need to weld a flex pipe on the wastegates so tings lining up is much less of a PITFA!!! getting first pa from new state job friday finally (4 weeks) so I can buy my MAP sensor and my Mobil 1. as well as a couple of goodies for the interceptor :smile: (pioneer headunit and dual 15" pyle subs)
heres some pics of the work
View attachment 28772
View attachment 28773
View attachment 28774

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370809384819.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370809384819.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370809453192.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370809453192.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370809480754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370809480754.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 39

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
ConeKilrAutoX said:
update: installing all the parts. ran thecwiring for oil temp, ran my oil feed line, ran all the intercooler piping, cut and ran the intake pipe, boost gauge is in, a new oil filter/sandwhich plate adapter, and now just need to weld a flex pipe on the wastegates so tings lining up is much less of a PITFA!!! getting first pa from new state job friday finally (4 weeks) so I can buy my MAP sensor and my Mobil 1. as well as a couple of goodies for the interceptor :smile: (pioneer headunit and dual 15" pyle subs)
heres some pics of the work
View attachment 15289
View attachment 15290
View attachment 15291

So close!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Ryda55555 said:
So close!

Yet so far.....Def looking forward to seeing this beast tearin up the streets!

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
ConeKilrAutoX said:
haha yeah... stuck working outside all day at the state park today too lmao. sick of rain!

Damn, sounds like it sucks... Oh well think about friday :biggrin:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
IT RUNS!!!! I just took it down the street for the first time since last winter and the :eek: :biggrin: TURBO IS SO LOUD! it sounds soooo good hahaha whistles so damn loud spooling at only 2800 rpms.

VIDEOS AND PICTURES WILL BE UPLOADED AND POSTED before 9:00 tonight ! I need to go drive it again and do some data logging.

almost there!
:yes:

Thank you everyone for all the support and help with this project. It truly means a lot to me and I know I would not have gotten it done or kept pursuing this without all of you guys.

- Mike

06_GATOR_VOY

May 22, 2013
sounds like its going to be a fun ride...... on a side note do you have plans to kinda make the inner cooler not as noticeable up front?

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Could only imagine the feeling you got when you drrove it!!! :thumbsup: congrats! Cant wait to watch those vids!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Im coming to Canada for NA vs Boost showdown haha I want to see 0-60 times on torque! ASAP.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371343547514.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371343547514.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371343582952.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371343582952.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371343619786.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371343619786.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 28
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371343662061.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371343662061.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 32

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Walk around
[video=youtube;9XyJcyNHNd0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XyJcyNHNd0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Maiden Voyage! just taking it easy earlier...not entering into boost too much but still spooling up! (later in the night I enter boost...holy shit! but no vids of that my phone had died. monday I will have better ones! )

[video=youtube;mHU-u_oM3PU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHU-u_oM3PU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
This is awesome. Congrats man I can only imagine how awesome/rewarding the last few hrs have been!

Good job!

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
I think i need multiple new pairs of boxers after that...... :rotfl::raspberry:
But the amount of speeding tickets i would get if my truck sounded like that..... :rotfl: good luck with that sir lool
But i cant wait till the vid of you going heavy on the gas,
I remember the first day joining the forums and seeing when you just got the intercooler on, i might be just as excited to see this finally running as you are lool
This deserves a BIG CONGRATS
Im putting it on my bucket list to see this thing in real life one day

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
You have a date with a dyno yet? This project is definitely worth a well-edited short workaround video of the progress. Please be safe recording vids! Congrats man!

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
You have a date with a dyno yet? This project is definitely worth a well-edited short workaround video of the progress. Please be safe recording vids! Congrats man!

thanks! and oh yes I will be making progress videos tonight haha. I will schedule a dyno in a few weeks. I have to pay a bunch of bills and debts off first :yes:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
xtitan1 said:
Since this thing is so modified is that why its throwing the check engine light?

yes and no...The check engine light is for an evap purge circuit not being connected (because I got rid of the system) and I just havent had time to clear the code yet. Also, I had an issue with the 2006 computer not liking the 2004 dash so its saying the abs and e brake is on as well as an o2 sensor error.

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
Wow i remember when i first joined this forum and came across this build! As most of you did i read the whole thing ( 6-7 pages at the time i think) and realized this thing would be done in a couple months!!:yes: Im sure the whole damn site has been stalking this thing!! Well anyways good sh:lipsrsealed:t man!!:thumbsup:

The thing sounds/looks amazing! Much props im sure you will have alot of fun!! I cant wait for more vids and data!!!

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Your exhaust sounds meaaaan, im gunna try and get a magnaflow high flow cat installed on monday and a tune

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
yodaddy4200 said:
Wow i remember when i first joined this forum and came across this build! As most of you did i read the whole thing ( 6-7 pages at the time i think) and realized this thing would be done in a couple months!!:yes: Im sure the whole damn site has been stalking this thing!! Well anyways good sh:lipsrsealed:t man!!:thumbsup:

The thing sounds/looks amazing! Much props im sure you will have alot of fun!! I cant wait for more vids and data!!!

thanks! me either... haha I ended up missing my deadline by 4 months but had no idea how involved it was from what I thought it would be when I started

Ryda55555 said:
Your exhaust sounds meaaaan, im gunna try and get a magnaflow high flow cat installed on monday and a tune

Awesome man! thatll be a great combo of mods! cant wait to hear it all done and youll love that tune!

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
yodaddy4200 said:
I hope you didn't get another mastercard Ryda :raspberry:

Hahaha i just paid it off on friday :thumbsup: they offered to increase my mastercard to $5000, a $20,000 line of credit and a $5000 US mastercard
I said NOPE! Im happy with my $1000 limit haha
Time to rack it up again tho:raspberry:

Now that im done most of my visual mods minus rims and bumpers im starting the performance mods
But no turbo or supercharger or anything too crazy because my voy is my DD
Any1 know if you can do a cam on a 4.2 i6? I've seen them on 4.2 v6s before and it sounds mean

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sounds good :thumbsup: I'll be waiting for the WOT vid :wootwoot:

BTW you need to fix the hyperflash :raspberry:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Short Bus said:

haha when I get time I will work on it. I also am putting all the stereo equip in the crown vic so I am busy BUT car show tmrw in the voy finally !:wootwoot::yes:

- - - Updated - - -

Short Bus said:

haha when I get time I will work on it. I also am putting all the stereo equip in the crown vic so I am busy BUT car show tmrw in the voy finally !:wootwoot::yes:

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
Any1 know if you can do a cam on a 4.2 i6? I've seen them on 4.2 v6s before and it sounds mean

I'm not sure where to get the blanks, but Competition Cams will grind the cams and if you went with an 06 head and had it ported...along with the custom cams, I understand they are netting 50-60HP easy. Will be some coin but something to think about. I don't know where the MPG's will go but it should wake it up. :yes:

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Conekilr......congrats on the maiden voyage, been along time coming. Big props to your dedication to this project and I'm very happy for you. With that being said.....you can't let your battery die on the first filming under boost....seriously.....lol. :raspberry: :thumbsup:

Can't wait for some good runs, and that's an understatement. Congrats! The sound of the envoy spooling up....:drooling:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
gmcman said:
Conekilr......congrats on the maiden voyage, been along time coming. Big props to your dedication to this project and I'm very happy for you. With that being said.....you can't let your battery die on the first filming under boost....seriously.....lol. :raspberry: :thumbsup:

Can't wait for some good runs, and that's an understatement. Congrats! The sound of the envoy spooling up....:drooling:

thanks man and thanks for all your help!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vulcantoolman

Members Online

No members online now.