4.2 Envoy Turbo Build

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
thanks man...I sold all the old turbo parts but couldnt bring myself to get rid of the voy...so I am going to come back in the spring and lift it I think. Sorry to hear about your car

Who got the turbo bits?

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Maybe you mentioned it in here and I missed it, but I'm guessing your motor popped. About how many PSI were you pushing? I'd been wondering if these things could handle a super charger for some time. I mean the GTP's used to be charged, so why not? (I know totally different motors)

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
yeah turbo failed because it starved of oil, valve cover leaked, blew out my oil filter, and i think maybe the 6000 misfire codes in 1 day was connected lol. 11ish psi it peaked at the last week even tho i had 8 psi wastegate springs...the turbo may have become unbalanced or something also. theres a guy on here that supercharged his trailblazer i6 !

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
man i just finished reading this whole thread and im hoping you sold those so you could go bigger this time.:biggrin: that was the best voy ive ever seen u put alot into it thats more patiance than i have lol good job:thumbsup:

Reactions: Capote

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
man i just finished reading this whole thread and im hoping you sold those so you could go bigger this time.:biggrin: that was the best voy ive ever seen u put alot into it thats more patiance than i have lol good job:thumbsup:

Subsribe to him on youtube. He has some awesome videos! I actually watched them all again last weekend at work. Too bad she is gone.

You got a new project build in the making Cone?

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Wow thank you Aarkon! I appreciate that a lot!
and thank you too dman for the youtube mention ! Envoy is down but definitely not out!!!! im keeping the voy around as long as possible!!!!

as for my next build? - my girl and I have decided we are saving up for our drift car (nissan 240sx or 240z old school and she wants to do a 2jzgte swap if we can afford it) if not we will figure something out. The rwd interceptor has her hooked on drifting and im fine with that !

Well the turbo is done... FOR NOW haha. Im going to run it n/a with only 3 feet of open pipe (dumped under passenger door) with the tune and believe it or not 0~80 was faster WITHOUT the turbo but 80~140 was much faster and possible with the turbo. BUT after recent events I have decided to not go over 100 anywhere near as much. so ill keep my racing under 90 =)

I plan on possibly lowering or lifting it if all else fails but i still would like to keep it like it is for now...money is tight and all the money i got from selling the turbo parts I paid car insurance, police interceptor (daily driver) payments, school loans and it all worked out!
Thanks again, I hope someone will see it on here or youtube and have the money to turbo it the right way vs me just trying to figure out how to get everything to work!
-Mike

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
How does your voy run with open pipes? I know the vortecs are sensitive when it comes to back pressure cause when I did my duals on my blazer it seemed to lag a bit

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Aarkon said:
How does your voy run with open pipes? I know the vortecs are sensitive when it comes to back pressure cause when I did my duals on my blazer it seemed to lag a bit

I think that's because all gmt's operate by computer for throttle response. A tune can help with the lag from what I know. A lot of people run open pipes if I remember correctly

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Aarkon said:

It wont be back running til spring but it should have a slight amount of back pressure with a 90* bend and the tune i have for fully open down pipe might help. Vids and updates to follow im sure closer to march/april once the snows letting up haha

kjkim93 said:
I think that's because all gmt's operate by computer for throttle response. A tune can help with the lag from what I know. A lot of people run open pipes if I remember correctly

nice thank you i was curious and figured the tune I had should help

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
I'm not 100% sure. Lol don't quote me on it. It's something that's been passed down and taught to me in school and by my mechanic. Most cars while losing the resonator that lack of back pressure won't effect our cars at all

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
kjkim93 said:
I'm not 100% sure. Lol don't quote me on it. It's something that's been passed down and taught to me in school and by my mechanic. Most cars while losing the resonator that lack of back pressure won't effect our cars at all

haha I hope! I know when I had the turbo my goal was obviously no back pressure and my exhaust unfortunately had 3 90* bends that choked it a bit so we will see! might through a muffler on there if need be. GREAT POINT THOUGH! :thumbsup:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
As I wait for the snow to clear so I can fix my envoy up and run without the turbo, I discovered that the V8 Police Interceptor = drifting madness!

WANT TO GET THE ENVOY BACK ON THE ROAD but itll have to wait til spring!!!

[video=youtube;u812mFTROKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u812mFTROKE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube_share;mdryNGvdoZ0]http://youtu.be/mdryNGvdoZ0[/video]

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
ConeKilrAutoX said:
As I wait for the snow to clear so I can fix my envoy up and run without the turbo, I discovered that the V8 Police Interceptor = drifting madness!

[video=youtube;u812mFTROKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u812mFTROKE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Heh those old P71s are fun sleepers.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
:yes: Haha it was like a playground. Used to be a Walmart but they moved like 2 miles down the road and they still plow all around the building its amazing! light poles, dumpsters, loading docks are all still there too so its even more fun. will be going back for sure!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
ConeKilrAutoX said:
haha they are !

I miss my old Merc...it was an oddity in the fact it was a grand maquis but was speced out the same as a P71 just hidden in mercury skin lol

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
ConeKilrAutoX said:

:biggrin:

Teaching my wife the scandanavian flick in her car :wink:
Where's the lightbar? That'd be hilarious :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online