2006 Denali Road 1500+ Mi Road Trip - Fingers crossed

Dan_G

Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
OK, so I have been keeping up on the maintenance on my 06 Denali. 130K miles - over the last 6 months I did the required maintenance - new: water pump, hoses and coolant, new shifter bushing, Dod disabled, new front wheel bearings, new tires and an alignment. Now the wife and kid are on a road trip from NJ to Vermont, to pick up the 80+ year old in-laws and drive to Maine (southern Maine thank god). It's going to be about 1500+ miles total. And I'm stuck at work, so the truck has to work without me being there. Fingers crossed. If it breaks down, I'm pretty much dead. I'm pretty sure it will be OK ... but I'm just praying it all goes well for them.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got another 40K miles and would send my family on a 1500 mile trip in my rig in a heartbeat.

Dan_G

Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah, it's been great so far. We will know in about a week.

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
Before I sold mine a few weeks ago with a 132K miles on the clock, I would have taken my Rainier anywhere in the continental US as it was well maintained by me over the coarse of its in-service life. I only sold it for a more appropriate tow vehicle.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Dan_G

Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
The family is just about half way through the vacation. The truck made it to Maine without any problems. Just a few texts and a phone call to explain the automatic climate controls to my Father in law ... he managed to turn the heat on and could not get it back on AC. I guess he felt the need to press every single button. So far so good ...

Reactions: C-ya

Dan_G

Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Well, as we suspected, the truck had no problems at all. They made it back this morning. Only comments I got were that the XM radio was awesome, the truck rides really smooth and it uses a lot of gas. I agree with all those comments. I have no issue with the gas mileage. The 5.3 is just a great engine for this sized vehicle. It was the perfect vehicle for this kind if trip.

Reactions: Mounce and Sparky

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Good to hear. Heck I'd take my Trailblazer on a long road trip without second guessing it, and it has 212k miles on it.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Another happy customer here as well, we take two or three 800 mile round trips a year in it and it gives us no problems. Glad your family had a pleasant, trouble free trip. :tiphat:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online

No members online now.