Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yeah I've seen one before, they're VERY uncommon.

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
VERY Uncommon, RARE Even. 320k 8... 7 passenger. I am sure if you smack him in the face with 1200 he'll take it. I see these things on backyard facebook sales go for like $700 non northface and less miles.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'd buy it, have the roof rack lights copied and resell it. Those lights are highly sought after. I'm sure I could find some place in China to duplicate them.

I had seen a shorty NF in the yard once. The lights were already gone. Apart from being fully equipped, they also have "The North Face" embroidered in the headrests and a sticker on the B pillars. Dunno how much more they were new but I don't think I would have paid extra for it.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'd buy it, have the roof rack lights copied and resell it. Those lights are highly sought after. I'm sure I could find some place in China to duplicate them.

I had seen a shorty NF in the yard once. The lights were already gone. Apart from being fully equipped, they also have "The North Face" embroidered in the headrests and a sticker on the B pillars. Dunno how much more they were new but I don't think I would have paid extra for it.
They've also got the unique light gray with dark gray leather seats, that are totally different from the usual leather seats available for the TB's.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Found this:

http://www.autoblog.com/buy/2003-Chevrolet-TrailBlazer/user-reviews/
The North Face Edition ($35,615) is essentially an LTZ with unique North Face seats, mesh map pockets, Rainsense automatic wipers, liftgate lighting, an under-floor storage cargo liner, heavy-duty floor/cargo mats, an adjustable cargo shelf with a table (EXT model only) and North Face duffel bags and blanket. It also sports some unique exterior identification.

The LT and North Face Edition are offered in extended-wheelbase form. The LT EXT ($31,645) and the North Face EXT ($36,955) come with third-row seating with separate rear-seat heating and air conditioning controls. They are fitted with 17-inch wheels and tires.

The LTZ was $33,570 so the NF added about $2000. The EXT NF was even worse, adding over $5000! Wow.

Reactions: Eric04

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I really think it's the rarest.

At that price, no wonder! But in the end, it's just a TB EXT with a lot of mileage and a few extras. Not worth more than $1000 around here.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
At that price, no wonder! But in the end, it's just a TB EXT with a lot of mileage and a few extras. Not worth more than $1000 around here.
:iagree:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Found this:

http://www.autoblog.com/buy/2003-Chevrolet-TrailBlazer/user-reviews/

The LTZ was $33,570 so the NF added about $2000. The EXT NF was even worse, adding over $5000! Wow.

'Wow' is right. That's a lotta cheddar for the extra / 'exclusive' items you're getting.

As one of the other posters said...yes, it would be cool to have one at the bottom of the depreciation curve (especially if it had been well-cared for), but worth no addn'l premium at this point...to anyone but one of us on this board. :salivate:

On edit...I just saw the pics...it doesnt even have the V8, for that price! And he's missing the table (shelf), too. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I was working on creating a north face light cover. Haven't gotten around to it fully yet.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I was working on creating a north face light cover. Haven't gotten around to it fully yet.
It's been talked about on and off over the years here, surprised nobody has ever made a copy yet. Would be awesome if someone was able to produce some.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
It's been talked about on and off over the years here, surprised nobody has ever made a copy yet. Would be awesome if someone was able to produce some.
If it works I'll send you the first pair. No charge. And then you're in charge of figuring out how to get the wire to the damn things. :tongue:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
If it works I'll send you the first pair. No charge. And then you're in charge of figuring out how to get the wire to the damn things. :tongue:
I have no roof rack, would be on no use to me. And to wire them, would require removing the headliner to feed wiring.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I have no roof rack, would be on no use to me. And to wire them, would require removing the headliner to feed wiring.
You know, I keep forgetting that lol. Well I'll send you a pair to mount on your wall then.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I've seen maybe one or two in NWI over the years. There was someone locally that had a SWB NF TB I would see every once in a while, looked like they were always in a new accident as it got more beat up each time I saw it until it just disappeared one day. I did eventually see an EXT NF TB, looked like it took a rough beating and had a poor mix of different paints applied to each panel and large aftermarket rims in place. NWI/Chicago is not nice to this platform, a lot of them out here look beaten and abused.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
NWI/Chicago is not nice to this platform, a lot of them out here look beaten and abused.

True - but I think that's more due to the general age of the platform, and who is still driving them at this point (e.g.; many who can't afford to replace it, and are just driving them into the ground at this point.) I see many still running here in the northern burbs, and they seem to have held up pretty well, considering. I'll guess that more of them only carry liability insurance now, so that the new dents just get left as-is, instead of being fixed like they might be if they weren't so long in the tooth.

To be honest, major metropolitan areas are rough on vehicles in general (population density, income disparities, etc.)

And to get back on topic :smile: , I think I've seen perhaps 2 NFEs in all the years I've seen the GMT360s running around. A rare bird indeed.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I saw one for sale around here. I just forget where. I drive so much everything blends. It may have been an ext. The first north face I saw was actually an ext as well.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I think the lights look silly there, but have still offered to help try and get some made for others except no one really is ever serious about it.

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
They do look pretty goofy. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in town that has a NF so when I'm driving around at night, everyone always knows it is me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online