Z71 Suspension and lowering

BuffettTruck

Original poster
May 2, 2018
Florida
I have an 05 Z71 Wannabe. In other words, a 2WD with the Z71 package. I've got plans to lower it and settled on the 3/3+ package feom JDM which uses control arms instead of an adjusted Torsion Key. I was thinking it over the other day and a minor detail came up. I think the Z71 Package has a slight lift to it (comparing mine to others in parking lots, it looks like maybe a 2" lift?). So when I swap out the springs in the rear and the control arms in the front, I could end up with a squat instead of a flat stance. If the Z71 rear springs are lifted, going to 3" lowering springs will be more than a 3" drop. But if the Z71 package uses a lifted torsion key, then I will only get a 3" drop in the front and will have to get an adjusted or standard torsion key as well.

So I guess I am wondering if anyone knows just what components the Z71 package uses for the lift?

Thanks

BuffettTruck

Original poster
May 2, 2018
Florida
I think I found my answer. Using gmpartsdirect, I looked up the part numbers for the torsion key (arm) of the LS, LT and Z71 and found that the Z71 has a different part number. So I am guessing the lift is from that.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Interesting since Z71 is not a lift. It is typically more robust shocks, skid plates, the g80 diff, tires and stickers. i would guess that tires on the z71 are the biggest change in height difference.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.