Z71 springs and Markmc up front

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Hey,
I am new to Gmtnation, I am looking to get Marks spacer up front and Get the rear Z71 Tahoe springs. This should be close to leveling out my Truck. This will also allow me to keep my Monroe sensa shocks that I just bought. Haha Is this a decent setup? I am not going to be doing major off raoding but watn the capability too. How are the Z71's? Are they very stiff compared to stock? IF you could rate there stiffness compared to Stock from 1-5 What would it be? Thanks for all your help! Also Doing these mods to have stiffer rear shocks to tow about 1000lbs of sleds (two). Thanks
Trent:biggrin:

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Mods please move to off road Sorry

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
which lift?

what front springs are you using? stock 81 or 83?

The Z71 springs are more stiff than stock and you're going to experience the rear skating over bumps rather than wallowing in them unless you have a load. Especially with a lift spacer.

What front springs are you using? this will also affect the behavior of the rear.

we could use some more info.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I would rate the Z71s as a 5 they are a very firm ride and since stock the truck should be able to handle 5500 lbs with a 3.42 rearend. And you are only talking about towing 1000 lbs and not much off-roading. I would just go with the lift and not waste the money on the Z71s.

Before I put the Z71s on the trailer I haul quite a bit would drop the rear almost 6 inches now it is almost half of that.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You dont seem to NEED z71's and I honestly hated the ride with them. I only used them for the lift until I got my other coils. You will be fine with just marks original full kit with what you are telling us.

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
ok, That sounds good.I have stock springs up front. But, with the 2.5'' lift all around, I will have to get longer shocks like the skyjackers. My problem is I just bought new stock length shocks haha. Is there any other solution to a lil bit stiffer rear end? LIke stock Avalanche springs/ Tahoe springs?Thanks:hissyfit:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
snowyredenvoy said:
ok, That sounds good.I have stock springs up front. But, with the 2.5'' lift all around, I will have to get longer shocks like the skyjackers. My problem is I just bought new stock length shocks haha. Is there any other solution to a lil bit stiffer rear end? LIke stock Avalanche springs/ Tahoe springs?Thanks:hissyfit:

With just the lift and not adding the Z71s you should be able to run the stock length shocks.

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Yea. Thank you!

Arock

Dec 8, 2011
snowyredenvoy said:
Hey,
I am new to Gmtnation, I am looking to get Marks spacer up front and Get the rear Z71 Tahoe springs. This should be close to leveling out my Truck. This will also allow me to keep my Monroe sensa shocks that I just bought. Haha Is this a decent setup? I am not going to be doing major off raoding but watn the capability too. How are the Z71's? Are they very stiff compared to stock? IF you could rate there stiffness compared to Stock from 1-5 What would it be? Thanks for all your help! Also Doing these mods to have stiffer rear shocks to tow about 1000lbs of sleds (two). Thanks
Trent:biggrin:

I have the Mark Mc's front and Avalanche Z71 rear set up now + a set of HD Bilstein's all the way around . The rear set up is stiff as all hell! If you want 1-5, I say a 6. I thought I lost a filling after I went over the first pothole :biggrin: On the up note my truck doesnt look like a dog dragging his ass up a driveway when I'm pulling a 3,000LB trailer anymore, and handles a lot better. I'd have to agree with the fellas on here, if its only 1,000LB your pulling I'd go with a different set up for the rear. Happy hunting.

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Yea, I also tow a 2,800 boat during the summer. I would just rather it not be considered the family mini van:no: haha. But maybe a leveling kit would be the way to go with a 0.75'' spacer in back with 2.5 up front? and Ride rites in back??? :wootwoot:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Go with your lift plans minus the Z71 springs and get the Airlift 1000 bags AirLift 1000 | Air Lift Company Now you can inflate the bags when you are towing.

snowyredenvoy

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Thank you. Hopefully these mods will be in my near future. Now to get through the list of mods to it! lol Thankyou very much!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online