XUV End Gate Functionality

ahimon

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
The End Gate (tail gate) has the capability of opening like a pick up or swing out like a closet door. There are 2 touch pads, one on the left side (for swing out) and one in the center above the license plate (for drop down). My problem is now, my center touch pad releases the 2 left side latches for swing out capability when it should only be releasing the top two latches allowing the gate to drop down like pick up trucks do. I am being lazy and haven't checked wires yet. Hoping someone else had this issue. By the way....sometimes the touch pads both work normally. I am thinking maybe, rain or snow could be causing this issue but not sure.

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
ahimon said:
The End Gate (tail gate) has the capability of opening like a pick up or swing out like a closet door. There are 2 touch pads, one on the left side (for swing out) and one in the center above the license plate (for drop down). My problem is now, my center touch pad releases the 2 left side latches for swing out capability when it should only be releasing the top two latches allowing the gate to drop down like pick up trucks do. I am being lazy and haven't checked wires yet. Hoping someone else had this issue. By the way....sometimes the touch pads both work normally. I am thinking maybe, rain or snow could be causing this issue but not sure.

The switch pads are prone to corrosion, but usually this will only cause them not to respond at all.

I have the same issue occasionally, usually if I neglect the vehicle it for a while it rebels with bad behavior.

All I do is close it and try again (hoping no one is watching my face contortions and hearing possible foul language)

Does it briefly mess up (1 time) or continue for a while on yours?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online