WTB - Overhead Entertainment/DVD Console

Zapp Brannigan

Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
**DOES NOT HAVE TO HAVE FUNCTIONING ELECTRONICS**

Actually, I would not even mind if all electronics were removed, I only need the intact housing for a project.

461116065.jpg

030528TS09-130.gif

Also, I have been debating which grille/brush/center guard to get. I can never definitely decide on which one I want, whether with the light guards or not, but I think after seeing several different pictures, I want the Go Rhino center guard in flat black. If anyone has one, or knows someone selling one, I would appreciate it!

DSC00013.jpg

Zapp Brannigan

Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
I have seen a coupler on fleabay, figured I'd give a shot on here in case anyone had a broken one. The ones being sold there usually are full replacements, andI had hoped to not spend that much, as all I need is the housing.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
Is it possible to retrofit one of these into my 9-7? I know lots of times wiring is there just waiting to be hooked up, is it there for all of them?

02tahoelt

May 7, 2012
Zapp Brannigan said:
**DOES NOT HAVE TO HAVE FUNCTIONING ELECTRONICS**

Actually, I would not even mind if all electronics were removed, I only need the intact housing for a project.

461116065.jpg

030528TS09-130.gif

Also, I have been debating which grille/brush/center guard to get. I can never definitely decide on which one I want, whether with the light guards or not, but I think after seeing several different pictures, I want the Go Rhino center guard in flat black. If anyone has one, or knows someone selling one, I would appreciate it!

DSC00013.jpg

Where did you get that diagram? Am thinking about adding a OEM overhead DVD/Monitor for sunroof. But can't find the cables that go to it. I'll probably need 11 & 12 maybe more.
If you have any information that would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Maybe take a look at the head rest built in dual tv version. They are quite a bit more advanced than the ceiling mounted version in our 360's. They also look much easier to install. Really the one thing I like about the oem tv's on our 360's is the theater mode where the movie sound comes out of any or all of the vehicle speakers. The sound is hard wired not fm transmitted like I believe the head rest versions is.

02tahoelt

May 7, 2012
Jkust said:
Maybe take a look at the head rest built in dual tv version. They are quite a bit more advanced than the ceiling mounted version in our 360's. They also look much easier to install. Really the one thing I like about the oem tv's on our 360's is the theater mode where the movie sound comes out of any or all of the vehicle speakers. The sound is hard wired not fm transmitted like I believe the head rest versions is.

Want to try and make it look OEM, Thanks though

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
When I did my install I did not see the wiring behind the headliner for the oem dvd player. Unless it was tucked away in the B-pillar. As for headrest monitors, unless you get the ones with built in a built in dvd player then they only have a video in wire, sound is handled from the external dvd player. If they have a dvd player built in then it will also have 2 cables for audio out. We just wired this into my friends aux input on his Armada.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Jkust said:

I have the factory DVD player in the overhead console and the when it is using all the truck speakers sounds like you are in a theater. The family watches the movie and I listen along as I drive .

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
02tahoelt said:
Want to try and make it look OEM, Thanks though

Believe it or not the head rest mounted dvd system was an OEM option in the later years of our platform. You can buy the GM version if you wanted.

Zapp Brannigan

Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
:bump::bump:

REALLY want the brush/grille guard, prefer to pick up somewhat locally, willing to drive a ways to get one!!!!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Zapp Brannigan said:
:bump::bump:

REALLY want the brush/grille guard, prefer to pick up somewhat locally, willing to drive a ways to get one!!!!

So your going to bump someones old thread about buying an entertainment console in order to let everyone know that you want a brush guard? Let me guess, the relevance is that he has a picture of his TB with the brush guard on it? Check out Ebay, I am sure you can find what your looking for.

Zapp Brannigan

Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Regulator said:
So your going to bump someones old thread about buying an entertainment console in order to let everyone know that you want a brush guard? Let me guess, the relevance is that he has a picture of his TB with the brush guard on it? Check out Ebay, I am sure you can find what your looking for.

If by "someone" you mean my OWN thread, then yes, you are correct. The picture was for reference since I did not know the manufacturer of that particular one.

Thanks for looking carefully and your kind words, you were EXTREMELY helpful... :rolleyes:

God forbid I try and ask here on a vehicle specific forum and try and avoid fleaBay....

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Zapp Brannigan said:
If by "someone" you mean my OWN thread, then yes, you are correct. The picture was for reference since I did not know the manufacturer of that particular one.

Thanks for looking carefully and your kind words, you were EXTREMELY helpful... :rolleyes:

God forbid I try and ask here on a vehicle specific forum and try and avoid fleaBay....

Ooops, I think Regulator misread your post by accident, It's all good though because he had your best interest in mind with you being the original thread starter :thumbsup: !

Zapp Brannigan

Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Still hoping to find either of these items!! I have found a bunch of the OEM Entertainment Centers on fleaBay, but I was hoping to find one cheap, no electronics in it (just the shell), or dead electronics, since I planned to strip it out anyway, and put in a 7" touchscreen!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.