wobble in 4x4

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
so just today i found a problem with my truck. i got it back from a friend of mine that needed to tow a trailer full of junk so not a problem but i today need my 4x4 up the hill and i put it in and was driving and the truck was shaking ever so badly so i stopped and took it out of 4x4 and drove it strait home to try to see if i could figure it out. so i was in the field across the street and put it in 4x4 and drove around and it shook but it did not seem like it was in 4x4 so i stopped and put it in park and pulled the E-break. jacked up the front end and tried spinning the front tires and they spun easy???? they also made a ticking noise while i spun them not good any help i need my truck cant afford for it to be broken.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
Ok I am lifted marks 3" and I have 265/70R17 on now and roadie that link works but did not help me I have know the transfer case is all good it is something in the front end not locking in is what I think just not to good with riffs never really dug in to one. Now I don't know about the wobble either but how do I check the cv's?

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
bigytwotone said:
What am I looking for in the CV's?? And I didn't think we had u joints in the front

There is a u- joint on the front drive shaft going from the transfer case to front differential.

As to the issue at hand, there is an outbreak of this problem with quite a few of us. I feel we know what the issue is and whats causing it, however resolving it is not being very easy or cheap at this point. Read up on this thread...

OffRoad TB - View topic - Bad vibration in 4x4 under acceleration

tokahao

Dec 9, 2011
bigytwotone said:
so just today i found a problem with my truck. i got it back from a friend of mine that needed to tow a trailer full of junk so not a problem but i today need my 4x4 up the hill and i put it in and was driving and the truck was shaking ever so badly so i stopped and took it out of 4x4 and drove it strait home to try to see if i could figure it out. so i was in the field across the street and put it in 4x4 and drove around and it shook but it did not seem like it was in 4x4 so i stopped and put it in park and pulled the E-break. jacked up the front end and tried spinning the front tires and they spun easy???? they also made a ticking noise while i spun them not good any help i need my truck cant afford for it to be broken.

Saw your recent front wheel hub explosion pic... any relation to this thread's topic?

Old Salt

May 9, 2013
Hi all, First post here.

Last year the axle engagement mechanism inside the right front differential of my 2003 Trailblazer came apart. I tried to engage the front axle to climb a hill and when it took a strain it popped a couple of times and then no 4wd. I also had a rattling noise when I was driving. I wound up getting a replacement axle, the inner cv was going bad, and they had to replace some parts inside the differential where the axle comes out as well as part of the housing. The bearing inside the differential that carries the inner end of the axle was bad and it allowed the axle to wobble enough to damage the cover where the axle comes out of the differential. Total cost of the repair was around $600.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online