Windstar frustration

Instrumental

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
We parkedour Windstar back in January with a blown head gasket, or so we thought. I had the time, so the last 6 days I've been plugging away at a head gasket replacement, I even took the time to get the heads tested and resurfaced.

Today, I wrapped up and everything sounded and felt pretty good. Until I checked the oil and it was full of coolant again! So, it looks a like I'll be diving in again, this time for a water pump and timing cover gasket. I figure I may as well replace the pump while I'm at it. The tight confines of the sideways engine in the mini van is not fun, especially after doing some work on the relatively roomy 9-7.

Just what I wanted to do this weekend, when the weather is finally getting nice!

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
We had a blown head gasket in our Chev Venture a few years ago, and I walked away from it. There we other issues starting with it as well. Reading your story gives me encouragement that I did the right thing.:eek:

Instrumental

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
I started on the water pump today, but had to stop and now I don't feel like working on it.

I'm a little nervous that it could have a cracked block, that would mean I wasted a LOT of time and several hundred dollars. Not sure how it could have cracked, so here's hoping.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online

No members online now.