Will aftermarket wiring for headrest dvd be too close to seat heaters?

Lima Tango

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Lads and lassies of the Nation,

I have installed headrest dvd players, where the wiring runs down the posts. I have heated seats. From the rear of the seat, there is the leather, then cardboard, then the wiring, then ??. I assume the heat is on the front side of the cushion, not the back, but I just want to double check that the heating element won't be too close to these new wires and melt them if turned on. Thoughts? A diagram of the insides of the seat would be amazing but my search failed to turn one up.

Thanks,

LT

Dec 4, 2011
Lima Tango said:
Lads and lassies of the Nation,

I have installed headrest dvd players, where the wiring runs down the posts. I have heated seats. From the rear of the seat, there is the leather, then cardboard, then the wiring, then ??. I assume the heat is on the front side of the cushion, not the back, but I just want to double check that the heating element won't be too close to these new wires and melt them if turned on. Thoughts? A diagram of the insides of the seat would be amazing but my search failed to turn one up.

Thanks,

LT

I think what you are asking is "Is the heating pad on the face of the seat back and bottom cushion?" If this is correct the answer is YES the heating grid is on the face not the back of the seats.

Check out this link back the OLD SITE it shows how to replace the element in the seat and the most common failure.

[SOLVED] Heated Seat Problems - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Lima Tango

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
yes that's exactly what I was asking just much better worded than I did. thank you that's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online