Will a 30" tire be too big without a lift?

blackout51

Original poster
Member
Oct 18, 2012
157
I'm running stock tires now but am looking at getting a set of goodyear wrangler duratracs in 245/70/17. Based on measuring will this be too close to my wheel wells when going over bumps and what not?
 

Yacdogg

Member
Apr 27, 2012
92
245/65-17, 255/65-17, 245/70-17, and 265/65-17 (depending on tread, if its on/off road tire with aggressive tread, it may or may not) if its on/offroad tire you could get wheel spacers from Lift Shop :: THE LIFT MEISTER (Thanks to Blckshdw to pointing me to it) and then could fit 265/65-17 or 255/70-17 here is tire sizes that fit/don't fit and says what is need if don't fit http://gmtnation.com/f60/you-know-theres-going-will-fit-thread-255/ (Thanks to Blckshdw to pointing me to it) also 265/65-17 on/offroad may fit without adapter but may need to grind down upper ball joint a little (guess it's been done before)
 

blackout51

Original poster
Member
Oct 18, 2012
157
Yacdogg said:
245/65-17, 255/65-17, 245/70-17, and 265/65-17 (depending on tread, if its on/off road tire with aggressive tread, it may or may not) if its on/offroad tire you could get wheel spacers from Lift Shop :: THE LIFT MEISTER (Thanks to Blckshdw to pointing me to it) and then could fit 265/65-17 or 255/70-17 here is tire sizes that fit/don't fit and says what is need if don't fit http://gmtnation.com/f60/you-know-theres-going-will-fit-thread-255/ (Thanks to Blckshdw to pointing me to it) also 265/65-17 on/offroad may fit without adapter but may need control arm may need grinded down a little

Sorry forgot to mention that I do have the 1.5" markmc wheel spacers already, the tire is a aggressive all terrain tire with big tread similair to mud terrain tires
 

Yacdogg

Member
Apr 27, 2012
92
blackout51 said:
Sorry forgot to mention that I do have the 1.5" markmc wheel spacers already, the tire is a aggressive all terrain tire with big tread similair to mud terrain tires
Well hell, it you already of spacers, why not get 265/65-17 ? but yeah 245/70-17 will fit no problem
 

blackout51

Original poster
Member
Oct 18, 2012
157
Yacdogg said:
Well hell, it you already of spacers, why not get 265/65-17? but yeah 245/70-17 will fit no problem

That's true, and that will still be good clearance on the ball joint?
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,483
Posts
639,847
Members
18,716
Latest member
sloftin

Members Online