Wife thinking about a new Nissan

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Like topic says wife is thinking about getting a Nissan rogue anybody have any experience with them good or bad? She has a Nissan versa and really likes it but wants something a little bit bigger...

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
She'll love it, especially over the versa

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
This is interesting, my wife also likes the Rogue, but is dissapointed with the 2013 & 2014 exterior/interior color selections. Local dealer here is marking them down due to hail damage...wondering if its a gimmick.

She wants a white ext with a beige int, and I want her to have awd. Thinking the SV trim. We both test drove one and felt it was a pretty nice ride compared to her '05 Optima and my TB. We also tested a Murano and I thought it felt like a minivan. However the Murano V6 (awd) did have some balls when the happy pedal was mashed.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
What about a juke? Or cx-5(Mazda)? Both are small, fun to drive, and total chick cars. Especially if the murano was "mini van" like. White w beige is classy:thumbsup:

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
we r going saturday to look at some cars should be a great time !!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
:wootwoot:

Nice! When shopping for my wife's 3, it was what she wanted-exact one was on me, we drove a brand spanking new one off the floor. He must've thought he could sell us that. We just came from one almost half the price in their lot. I asked to drive the new one so I could compare it to all the used ones I might make her drive. And the dude was a total douchebag once he knew it was for her. Sorry man. I keep her grounded too sometimes. Drive everything! We had a chit chat about her making comments when I'm stubborn with them... I bought a high mileage fully loaded sedan. She loves it, it was going to have high miles anyways because I'm parking the TB every chance I get. We have paid the difference in repairs.

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
So wife got her self a awd Kia sportage compared to the rogue the sportage is much nicer car

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
After driving around town the first day, my first thoughts on the Kia, it's great gets about 25 miles to a gallon has projection headlights. Rides really well has enough pick up for the wife, and uvo stereo system isn't bad wish the screen was a little bigger.. We test drove the 35,000 dollar model which was really nice turbo led lights in the cup holders sun roof power folding mirrors.. Last but not least the standard option that I thought I wouldn't care about was the refrigerated glove box which will be great for long trips ....

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Kia, the partner company to Hyundai, have come a REALLY long way since they first came to the US. My Brother is really happy with his SanteFe, althou I think it rides a bit to hard for my liking.

The Sportage was another vehicle I was considering when I bought the Voy.. Not sure if I made a good decision or not yet..

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Kia I believe picked up a Audi car designer, you can really tell. We have a first gen Sportage it was really great, but the hardest part about it is trying to find parts for a kia. Maybe it is were I live but I had to buy the parts from a dealer ($200+ for a drive shaft hanger bearing).

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
The warranty we got is amazing ten year hundred thousand mile power train warranty

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Black_tb said:
The warranty we got is amazing ten year hundred thousand mile power train warranty

I forgot about that, they didn't have that back in the day. I was told you have to get the oil/maintenance done by the dealer or they void the warranty, do you know if that is true?

Black_tb

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
They never mention anything about that but did offer a ten dollar oil change and unlimited car washes for the first year

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.