Which plugs for the 5.3 V8

RedEnvoyDenali

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I have read several articles about how important it is to use the proper AC Delco plug for the I-6. I am not sure I have read similar articles with respect to the plug the V8 uses. The manual calls for an AC 41-985 which is different from the I-6.

I would appreciate feedback of our people's experience with other brands of plugs and their recommendations. I am at 75k miles and new plugs and wires are in the cards for the spring. Since I am also going to change out the plug wires recommendations on those would also be appreciated.

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
RedEnvoyDenali said:
I have read several articles about how important it is to use the proper AC Delco plug for the I-6. I am not sure I have read similar articles with respect to the plug the V8 uses. The manual calls for an AC 41-985 which is different from the I-6.

I would appreciate feedback of our people's experience with other brands of plugs and their recommendations. I am at 75k miles and new plugs and wires are in the cards for the spring. Since I am also going to change out the plug wires recommendations on those would also be appreciated.

Like the I6, The V8 runs best with the proper plugs, Just be sure the plugs are the AC Delco Iridium for the V8, There may be an updated part number.
When I did mine, I ended up damaging half of the wires because they were stuck on the plugs so bad. The brand of wire is not as critical but the AC Delco wires work well.

Keep in mind the (2) front O2 sensors are worth replacing at 100k, around the same time as the plugs.

I have heard that other brands of Iridium plugs have worked for members in both engines.

RedEnvoyDenali

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
BRomanJr said:
Like the I6, The V8 runs best with the proper plugs, Just be sure the plugs are the AC Delco Iridium for the V8, There may be an updated part number.
When I did mine, I ended up damaging half of the wires because they were stuck on the plugs so bad. The brand of wire is not as critical but the AC Delco wires work well.

Keep in mind the (2) front O2 sensors are worth replacing at 100k, around the same time as the plugs.

I have heard that other brands of Iridium plugs have worked for members in both engines.

Thank you this is exactly what I am looking for. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online