Which Auxiliary Light Switch and Mount do you use for your Lights?

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Title says it all. Which switches and switch mounts do you guys use in your 360's? Im adding a safari light bar with PIAA 520's soon and want opinions on what I should use. I know PIAA comes with a light switch, but I was looking for something with multiple switches if I decide to add more lights in the future.
Thanks all-
Frank

cjceg1985

Dec 8, 2011
I have a set of cheapo aftermarket lights on my bull bar I used to have the signal wire linked into my existing fogs so all four would come on, but now I have a 30 amp belden/ napa wiring covered rocker switch mounted on the lower dash panel.

NAPA AUTO PARTS | PART DETAILS

I work for Napa so I'm kinda partial to using their parts.

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry I don't have any pics, but I used a small lighted microswitch for my roof lights. It only has to handle enough current to flip the relay, so pretty much any 12V switch is suitable for you to use. I cut out a small square hole on the center console beside the gear shifter, and the switch clips itself in place. The hardest part was fishing the wires under the carpet from the console, back to the rear fuse box.

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
I make these with exchange. With 4 colors of leds in them yellow, green, red, blue or I can put an e-cutout switch in also
IMG_20110715_132634.jpg

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
DFWWIZ said:
I make these with exchange. With 4 colors of leds in them yellow, green, red, blue or I can put an e-cutout switch in also
IMG_20110715_132634.jpg

Nice! I need to get these for my truck!

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
DFWWIZ said:
IMG_20110715_132634.jpg

Oooooh... that's nice... :drooling:
That would sure save Stef a lot of work in terms of locating a suitable spot for the 2 extra switches I have... :lightbulb:

What are we looking at in terms of cost for that?? :undecided:

What's that e-cutout you mention all about?

Taz6056

Dec 21, 2011
No pictures, because I'm on my phone, but I have used Newark components for years, in addition to radio shack parts if I'm in a hurry. Like Shdwdrgn said as long as you use a relay most any 12volt switch will work, assuming you pick the right style for your application.

Marc.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Here is my set up.

2011-08-13_20-00-53_23.jpg

I am running one main power line to all three of them and a shared ground. then I run the switched power down the drivers side pillar where they meet up with their relays and power my roof and bumper lights.

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Regulator said:
Here is my set up.

2011-08-13_20-00-53_23.jpg

I am running one main power line to all three of them and a shared ground. then I run the switched power down the drivers side pillar where they meet up with their relays and power my roof and bumper lights.

Smart man. Like the idea, think Im going to have to go with this. Did you have any problems running the wire down from the switches? Was it a pain to get the wire to the pillar?

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
@Regulator - any tips on how to get that panel off the roof? Are there clips, screws, hidden ninja grapplings...?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
On the part of the console toward the rear of the truck, under the lamp lenses or the sunglasses fold-down holder, will be a couple of screws. Remove those. the front of the console is held on with a couple of clips.

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
On the part of the console toward the rear of the truck, under the lamp lenses or the sunglasses fold-down holder, will be a couple of screws. Remove those. the front of the console is held on with a couple of clips.

Sweet, thanks! I've been wanting to pull this down and see what kind of space was available inside for other projects...

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
I used the same kind of setup as Regulator for my blue lights, except I have 4 switches up there. Very happy with the way it came out. When I am out of the hospital I will take some pics of it.

Chris

Taz6056

Dec 21, 2011
I also used silverunicorn's work as a model for my overhead console switch mount. Great work Chris!! There is more than enough room inside the console to play with. There is also lots of room to fish wires out to the A pillars. I have pictures somewhere......

Marc.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
View attachment 29313

This is one of my switch panels. currently i'm only using the first switch, i just put the others in for future expansion possibilities. The other switch panel is the same that dfwiz was showing.

Attachments

• 2013-06-26 19.11.00.jpg
    2013-06-26 19.11.00.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 13

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
KaRo said:
Installed two switches in the roof console:
7766760564_4c107bc879.jpg

I really like the design of these switches but have yet to locate them. Can you tell us where or post a link to where you got them?

Thanks.

MCS

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
mcsteven said:
I really like the design of these switches but have yet to locate them. Can you tell us where or post a link to where you got them?

Thanks.

MCS

Probably Berlin... :wink:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
djthumper said:
Probably Berlin... :wink:

I just noticed his location. But Berlin also has access to ebay and Amazon, so here's hoping....

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
KaRo said:
The switch has a product number:
r13-112lp-02

Google the number and hopefully you can find it. From the technical specifications it is for 220V not for 110V so i think you only could get it in europe, but maybe someone ships to the states.
Here is a link to the seller in united kingdom:
SCI R13-112LP-02 LED GREEN 6A Illuminated Toggle Switch, SPST, On-Off, 250Vac from Conrad Electronic UK

So hopefully this helps
Karsten

Thanks Karsten.

I found them at a few locations, one of which I've used before.

103-R13-112LP-02G-EV Mountain Switch | Mouser

A few other places had them but I've dealt with this vendor before and it's a fair price.

Marc

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online