Where have you bought wheels online recently?

Mikey J 23

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Looking for some feedback from people that have bought their wheels from an online site recently. I know there is a sticky, but those have been listed for a while. I want more recent feedback, especially positive experiences.

I am looking at these (AR840) for my TB to replace the ones I have on there now. I have seen them other places besides the site linked, but wanted to have other feedback before I made a decision.
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=EA6&url=/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoModel=TrailBlazer+2wd&autoYear=2004&autoModClar=&target=runWheelSearch&wheelMake=American+Racing&wheelModel=AR840&wheelFinish=Bright+PVD&initialPartNumber=AR84022965838PVD&showRear=no&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterSpecial=false&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

Mikey J 23

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
I am in serious consideration of Treaddepot.com. After a lot of research and communication, they seem to have a good reputation and quoted a decent price with shipping.

So... any opinions?:confused:

I am still looking at the AR840 22 inch wheels - TB bolt pattern, TB center bore, and +38 offset (figure the 3mm extra shouldn't be a major issue)

Any feedback or input, expert knowledge, or just a response of any kind (echo, echo, echo.....):undecided:

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
I am looking at wheel options as well. The ones you have on it now look good, and the ones you are looking at are nice as well.
I am looking for a set of wheels with black and "chrome". I think it will tie together the whole truck(factory chrome trims & the black steps, brushguard and tail light guards). I found the wheels I liked on Ebay. The seller listed then for trailblazer and envoy. Then in communications with him he said they won't fit unless lifted/leveled. Futhermore even if the did fit they are 90 days out. So I'm not getting wheels from him! I found another set I like at performance plus tire. I called and spoke to a real person who told me they won't fit. But they had both sets at the lowest price I found. The shipping is free but packing is $19 still cheap. I think I am going to call back and see what "they won't fit" means. So maybe later in the week I will have a report on this company.

And if anyone is interested 17 Inch Wheels/17 Inch Rims Size 17x8, Bolts 6x127, +20 Offset - Black Rev Wheels Offroad Crusher 990 Gloss Black/machined Rim By Rev Wheels - Starting from $133.00 with 7 SPOKE, Free Shipping and Free Warranty - Buy Wheels and Rims Online from Perfo This is what I want at the moment.

Mikey J 23

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
TexazReece said:
I like your choice on the 22's. Will you do any suspension changes as well

Thanks for the compliment. I like the wheels I have now, just a lot to polish. The new ones are the PVD chrome, which I have read good things about and seen in a few other styles.

I may level it, but I don't think I will do anything major.

Mikey J 23

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
I will tell you what I just found. A lot of retailers are moving to sell on Amazon instead of their own website, which gives you an extra level of buyer protection.

Already had a quote which was the best price I had found of $1236 to my door.
I just plugged in the model wheel I was looking at the AR840 22" - Just found them from another seller on Amazon for $1070 with free shipping. :wootwoot:

Mikey J 23

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
mrphoenix80 said:
I am looking at wheel options as well. The ones you have on it now look good, and the ones you are looking at are nice as well.
I am looking for a set of wheels with black and "chrome". I think it will tie together the whole truck(factory chrome trims & the black steps, brushguard and tail light guards). I found the wheels I liked on Ebay. The seller listed then for trailblazer and envoy. Then in communications with him he said they won't fit unless lifted/leveled. Futhermore even if the did fit they are 90 days out. So I'm not getting wheels from him! I found another set I like at performance plus tire. I called and spoke to a real person who told me they won't fit. But they had both sets at the lowest price I found. The shipping is free but packing is $19 still cheap. I think I am going to call back and see what "they won't fit" means. So maybe later in the week I will have a report on this company.

And if anyone is interested 17 Inch Wheels/17 Inch Rims Size 17x8, Bolts 6x127, +20 Offset - Black Rev Wheels Offroad Crusher 990 Gloss Black/machined Rim By Rev Wheels - Starting from $133.00 with 7 SPOKE, Free Shipping and Free Warranty - Buy Wheels and Rims Online from Perfo This is what I want at the moment.

Type in a search on Amazon for 6x127 -- this will pull up a lot of our wheels, right on the first page was a set of Incubus 8 spokes that look very similar to the ones you posted.
$125 each with free shipping 17" wheel 8" wide - 6x127 +22 offset. There were others as well that looked very nice.

Never thought of using Amazon for wheel shopping, but there are some good prices and decent selection on there. If nothing else, some place to price against... :thumbsup:

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
I bought rims and tires for the 9-3 Viggen last month from Tire Rack. I searched, just as you have, all over. Turned out the package was way cheaper in the long run. They mount and balance the wheels, sent hubcentric rings, and all 20 new lug nuts for free. Everyone else was either comperably priced, or more, without any of those perks. I could get the rim and tires from 2 differant venders for about $200 cheaper, but then had to take them someplace and risk damage to the rims, pay the shop, and didnt get the rings or lugs. The fact that any damage on the wheels was covered was almost worth it. I have bought rims online before and had a local shop damage one, and I was pretty much screwed.

So theres my experiance.

Good luck in your choice.

Mikey J 23

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
mnypitTBEXT said:
I bought rims and tires for the 9-3 Viggen last month from Tire Rack. I searched, just as you have, all over. Turned out the package was way cheaper in the long run. They mount and balance the wheels, sent hubcentric rings, and all 30 new lug nuts for free. Everyone else was either comperably priced, or more, without any of those perks. I could get the rim and tires from 2 differant venders for about $200 cheaper, but then had to take them someplace and risk damage to the rims, pay the shop, and didnt get the rings or lugs. The fact that any damage on the wheels was covered was almost worth it. I have bought rims online before and had a local shop damage one, and I was pretty much screwed.

So theres my experiance.

Good luck in your choice.

Appreciate the input, exactly the kind of information and experience that I was looking for... along with a lot of other people apparently from the number of views.

Some of us aren't lucky enough to have a number of local shops in the area, so online is the best bet.

As you noted though, it is the whole package price of ordering them, accessories, and installation that have to be considered. Thanks!

Mikey J 23

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Taking all into consideration I ordered from an Amazon vendor, no tax, and free shipping.
Also, it only took two days for them to arrive, which was a nice surprise.
Amazon offers good buyer protection and I paid with my Paypal card so doubly so...

The vendor was an authorized A.R. dealer so I still have the factory warranty as well. The price difference was substantial, with chrome lugs, and set of McGard chrome wheel locks it was still $200 lower than next competitor and $450 lower than Tire Rack with shipping.

I will take more pics once they are installed, but here they are in my garage.

View attachment 26533
View attachment 26534

Attachments

• photo 1 edit.jpg
    photo 1 edit.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 33
  • photo 2 edit.jpg
    photo 2 edit.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 33

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members