Wheel spacer question.

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Ok so this is something that's been on My mind for a while. As far as wheel spacers go I know there are 6x6 and 6x6.5. I was wondering what are those measurements exactly, and my envoy has the 18 in. own rims, so would the 6x6 work? Thanks!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
There are 6X5 spacers that will keep the same as our OEM pattern or the 6X5.5 adapters that will convert you to the more common 5.5" lug pattern.

What are you wanting to do?

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
djthumper said:
What are you wanting to do?

Yeah I meant 6x5. Well I'm at school right now which is about a 3 1/2 hour drive from home, and I'm gonna get a 1.5 in. level with spacers and 30s eventually, but I don't wanna have to drive home with 30 in. A/Ts. So I want to have a 2 sets of wheels (my stock rim/tire + 30s & A/Ts) but I wanted to leave the spacers on, but I guess I'll have to take the spacers off each time too?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You don't need wheel spacers for anything under 30.6" tires. For the most part you don't even need a lift to run 30.6" tires.

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Oh alright. I just wanna level it out though to give it a more aggressive stance. I won't be putting anything on the rear suspension.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I think you are over complicating what you are wanting to do. If you want to level it and put ATs on there to make it look more aggressive then just run it that way and get a tune to compensate for the larger tires. If you are so worried about gas mileage with the mods then leave it stock and don't do anything to it. Everything that you will do to make it more off-road worthy will come with a price and if you aren't willing to pay that price then you are better off leaving your vehicle the way it is. Even adding the leveling kit will change the dynamics...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
ajallen14 said:
...to give it a more aggressive stance....
So this is like a half-a-lift, meant for appearance only? :confused:

Recommend shaving your head, growing a nicely trimmed goatee, and practice scowling like this guy. It won't affect your mileage the way everything else will.

View attachment 30879

Attachments

• 2118535658_d38b0ba922.jpg
    2118535658_d38b0ba922.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 69

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Guys -_- I do want to do some light off-roading. I'm running a 2wd/3.42s so I'm not gonna go all out on a 3 in. lift.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I have been running a set of 245/75/16 General AT2's which was 30.5" tall, this was stock height no spacers. My gas mileage dropped significantly after the tires had been installed roughly 10.5-11mpg. I also recently discovered an issue that I created, however I fixed the issues and have been seeing roughly 14-14.5 City, about 2 mpg less than before the tires, I have not done any highway driving in the truck since the changes but I will add the numbers to one of my threads later.

While the wheel spacers are not required, they do push the wheels out more giving the truck a more aggressive look. I have pictures posted in the "What did you do to your GMT today" thread. The spacers also allow you to run tires larger than 30.5", however having the 3.42 gears (what I have as well), it is not recommended to go over 32" tires. As it has been stated the adapters will change your lug pattern to the more common 6x5.5 (just about every other 6 lug vehicle uses this pattern). It greatly expands your wheel options.

Honestly if you are going to throw in a leveling kit for the front (I believe Marks .5" upper strut spacer would level most of our trucks), you might as well get the 2.5" kit. It will level your truck as well as give it a bit more height. Its not a huge lift, but enough to know its there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online