NEED HELP What would you stick in a weather pack connector?

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
So as it turns out the new ballasts have relatively loose fitting weather packing. My high voltage side had water in it and that was causing the no fire problem... Should I pack it with dielectric grease or something to prevent water leaking in? IDK if I want to silicone it because if water did get in its only a matter of time before something else goes off you know? What would you do?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: Are they weather pack connectors, or metri pack ones? Could you just replace the seals instead, and get a more tight fit?

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
:undecided: Are they weather pack connectors, or metri pack ones? Could you just replace the seals instead, and get a more tight fit?
Idk, they're the three prong ones for the ignighters on the ballasts.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hmm, if the plugs feel loose when you wiggle/pull on them, I would look at replacing the seals first, they're pretty cheap, and that would keep the water out without needing to worry about grease, or extra maintenance. Was it getting in through where the wires pass through the plugs, or between the plugs themselves? Or can you tell?

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Hmm, if the plugs feel loose when you wiggle/pull on them, I would look at replacing the seals first, they're pretty cheap, and that would keep the water out without needing to worry about grease, or extra maintenance. Was it getting in through where the wires pass through the plugs, or between the plugs themselves? Or can you tell?
I'd say seal. The wire portion is moulded to the clip... one piece.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online