What products NOT to use in our trucks?? (humorous version)

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
RED:

NOS Energy Drink.

Found just about everywhere. NOT to be used as a fuel additive. :rotfl:

212316-1_super.jpg

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
The "NOS" Energy Shots make great gag shift knobs. :rotfl: But then again on Dave's Stealth we went a little too far and decided he needed a few more HP so we also spray painted "NOS" all over his engine bay, under belly, and maybe the wheel wells...:wink:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011

Attachments

• turbo.jpg
    turbo.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 212

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Wow, I read 3 pages and gave up. No one can be that stupid.

Actually, I beg to differ that point...

I've seen enough stupid in my life to actually believe there's a tard (or more) out there dumb enough to have tried it.

All you have to do is look around at the peeps with green air valve caps. :lipsrsealed:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
[GMAP][/GMAP]
BO TIE SS said:
Turbo Air Intake Supercharger Fan

View attachment 4729

I'm going to quad supercharge my SS easy 300hp and then if i get those vinyl flames look out ZR1 there's a new king

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
If we made our WHOLE intake tube out of those, what you think our HP would be then? :undecided:

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
These bother me for the flawed physics

View attachment 4730

Wondering if someone is math challenged or if HHO is used instead of H2O to disguise the fact that the process is based on WATER VAPOR (ie humidity).

And, yeah, we won't go into the fact it takes more energy to crack water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen than you get from burning the gases. Water is a VERY stable substance. Thats why we have fuel tanks and not water tanks to begin with.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Wyle said:
... HHO is used instead of H2O to disguise the fact that the process is based on WATER VAPOR (ie humidity)...
As I understand it, HHO is a made-up name for a gaseous mixture of H2 and O2 molecules, in the 2-to-1 ratio that will burn completely to form water. Also nicknamed "Brown's Gas."

It should really be H2-H2-O2 but the deluded HHO enthusiasts don't seem to care about the conventions of normal chemistry or thermodynamics. You might also see the term "oxyhydrogen" but that can be applied to mixtures of H2 and O2 where the ratio is not the stoichiometric one of 2-to-1.

Wikipedia puts it very eloquently:

Fringe science and fraud

Oxyhydrogen is sometimes referred to as "Brown's Gas" after Yull Brown who claimed that it could be used as car fuel,[13][3] or "HHO gas" after the claims of fringe physicist[14] Ruggero Santilli. It mixes hydrogen and oxygen in a 2:1 molar ratio, the same proportion as water.

Oxyhydrogen is also often mentioned in conjunction with devices that claim to operate a vehicle using water as a fuel. The most common and decisive counter-argument against producing this gas on-board to use as a fuel or fuel additive is that the energy required to split water molecules exceeds the energy recouped by burning it.[15] Additionally, the number of liters per minute of gas that can be produced for on-demand consumption through electrolysis is very small in comparison to the liters per minute consumed by an internal combustion engine.[16]

Meltdown211

Dec 4, 2011
View attachment 19393

Just install a great mod like a cold air intake? Electric supercharger? Big Muffler? Magnetic fuel line ionizer? Awesome wing? Are you getting no respect from your friends for your newly found power? As we all know, these are high end and sophisticated modifications. Some may be TOO sophisticated to actually show up on a traditional dyno. So here we have: The Butt Dyno. Simply place it in the seat, and drive fast, weaving in and out of traffic. (On a race course, of course.) Now you can tell your friends with confidence "That oil-saturated air filter gave me 20 horses!"

Butt Dyno [ARSE411] - $399.95 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

Attachments

• buttdyno.jpg
    buttdyno.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 34

Meltdown211

Dec 4, 2011
Been thinking of converting mine to AWD...heres the kit..

View attachment 19394

Been unsatisfied with the monster torque steer in your front wheel drive luxury car? Been annoyed by the rear end of your new high powered sports car sliding out in the rain and snow? Jealous of those folks with the big spoilers and pink performance parts? Let's face it: Only AWD cars have good handling. (Just ask anyone with an AWD performance vehicle.) To overcome the shortcomings of many otherwise nice vehicles, KaleCoAuto has developed this system! The lug-pulleys bolt directly to the wheel studs! If you can change a tire, you can install this kit. Please refrain from making left or right turns once this kit is installed. To enjoy the added handling benefits of AWD with this kit, is important that the steering wheel remains perfectly centered!

http://kalecoauto.com

Attachments

• awdconvert.jpg
    awdconvert.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 136

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
harmless said:
RED:

DIY Cardboard Fiber body kits.

Functional. Not so much.

groundeffects.jpg

I think I found my next mod :tongue:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
harmless said:
RED:

DIY Cardboard Fiber body kits.

Functional. Not so much.

groundeffects.jpg

Neither is the more expensive variant... Carbon fiberboard

i-1_b.jpg

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
Remember....don't EVER put that blinker fluid into the headlights....you will have major problems. Use only the original:

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 73

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
The cardboard fiber and the carbon fiberboard are mods that are great:wootwoot::wootwoot:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online