What if the frame is bent?

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Steve A said:
whats the site? I just want to look at it. Let me point this out... I AM NOT IN THE MARKET FOR A WRECKED UP TBSS... I would like to see what the truck looks like.

Thanks.

Steve

There are a bunch of websites the sell insurance salvaged vehicles. The two biggest are IAAI and Copart

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Let's set the record straight here, I never had any intention to bid on this auction. I just didnt put my text in purple that 1st time around so that went to hell I do not care about this auction its a sweet find. But seriously too its an auction you cant claim "MINE!" On an auction like a child does with toys there will always be someone else that's going to want it . And like I was saying above I love how the ppl ganged up on me from a miss understanding.nonsense

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I just post here occasionally, I don't know what's going on. :yawn:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
OK, this just shows that non-SS owners sometimes stereotype the SS enthusiasts as being "not like them." Let's avoid pushing those buttons because we all have the same frame underneath. :grouphug:

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
My 2 cents:
Maybe next time, STL, when you kid that you are going to "steal it", you might end your quote with J/K or even don't make the comment in the first place. We then don't have the mayhem that occured. Even tho you may think its a joke, it is this type of disrespectful rhetoric that I moved over here to get away from. you may have intended to be funny but the interpretation is different for everyone.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Let's set the record straight here, I never had any intention to bid on this auction. I just didnt put my text in purple that 1st time around so that went to hell I do not care about this auction its a sweet find. But seriously too its an auction you cant claim "MINE!" On an auction like a child does with toys there will always be someone else that's going to want it . And like I was saying above I love how the ppl ganged up on me from a miss understanding.nonsense

I wasn't going to take you seriously, except until you said "no joke" in your post. Purple text helps :raspberry: Though I admit I forget to use it sometimes too.

the roadie said:
OK, this just shows that non-SS owners sometimes stereotype the SS enthusiasts as being "not like them." Let's avoid pushing those buttons because we all have the same frame underneath. :grouphug:

But it's fun to push buttons!!

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Okay, I will add my 2 cents now

It was ONLY offensive because I came here asking for help on the truck in the auction. I was NOT claiming it like a child does with a toy. I didn't call you an asshole or selfish or anything else though yes I was thinking that to myself, but I won't call that person out like that publicly because I had no reason to, You didn't attack me personally. I would have let the beef or whatnot go eventually. Everyone has a right to go bid on that truck, BUT they can go find it on their own, I'm not going to post what auction site it's from, what lot number and so forth. I spent days looking for this thing. As far as making someone pay a shit ton of money for it, that's the point in an AUCTION the highest bidder wins, and I'm not going to let someone buy that truck for $150.00 knowing that I could have gotten it for the same price, So I will keep bidding on it until I run out of bidding money. If I get it GREAT, if I don't....It will suck yeah, but like I said before another one will show up.

I did make a comment about you wrecking your SS, which was low I'll admit that, but it could happen because eventually Karma does catch up to people no matter what it is in life they have done. Do I wish you wreck your SS, no it's a sweet fucking ride and I wouldn't want to see someone here get hurt, despite what shit is done or said. Do I owe you an apology, yeah I do. I apologize for the wrecking your SS comment. I can't apologize for misunderstanding you because well it happens sometimes and I didn't intentionally misunderstand you. I also can't apologize for anyone else here...they have to do it themselves. I can't tell people how to feel.

You said it was "no joke" THAT there is what I think caused all the mayhem in the first place. I did think you were kidding before I read that you weren't joking. You want to bid on it go for it, but I am willing and ready to throw down some mad cash for that truck, whether it's worth it or not. I saved my income tax return for this exact reason. I have wanted an SS before I even made it to either forum and I'm going to work hard to get it no matter who bids on it. Even if my dad said he was going to out bid me, I would make his ass pay for that thing like he has never paid for a car in his damn life.

So, your apology is accepted. But if you do end up bidding on it, I'm still going to make you pay for it :biggrin: Just like I'm sure the other people who may bid on it, will have the same thought in mind about me.

Oh, and one ore thing. Sitting there and attacking me over what other people have said isn't right. I don't control how these people feel here. I only control how I feel. I was over it by the time I went to bed.

Roadie- I don't stereotype SS owners like some people do. Okay I take that back. But the only stereotype I have for them are "Lucky son of a bitches" to have one. I would give my left nipple to be able to have one sitting in my garage.

So apologies accepted, the beef is over, or if there still is beef. The auction starts on the 10th, take it out on me over there :thumbsup:

Tarnished

Dec 3, 2011
I'm glad that you were joking. Cool.
But it didn't look like it to me when I called you out.

I called you out; not Voymom.

Tough guys? I always back up what I say and type, both on and offline.. and can totally handle and respect when someone else does the same. I'm the one that called you an asshole, not her.

And I'm not the one that ended up backpedaling and apologizing for what was originally typed, misconstrued, and misunderstood.

I am however, sorry for my inherent bluntness and not practicing a little bit of impulse control. But I'm not sorry for sticking up for someone that looked like they were being disrespected. I apologize to the forum.. collectively.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Well i wont bid on it. I have one so im broke all the time lol. Good luck with bidding. I know how much you want one.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Does anyone have pics of it? I'm not interested in buying it, I just want to see the damage.

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
silvernclean said:
Look on page 1

I think Voymom removed the pictures from the first post :frown:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Tarnished said:
I'm glad that you were joking. Cool.
But it didn't look like it to me when I called you out.

I called you out; not Voymom.

Tough guys? I always back up what I say and type, both on and offline.. and can totally handle and respect when someone else does the same. I'm the one that called you an asshole, not her.

And I'm not the one that ended up backpedaling and apologizing for what was originally typed, misconstrued, and misunderstood.

I am however, sorry for my inherent bluntness and not practicing a little bit of impulse control. But I'm not sorry for sticking up for someone that looked like they were being disrespected. I apologize to the forum.. collectively.

I backpedaled because apparently this thread was turned upside down because she might not win an online auction. And to be honest I thought it was a tough guy internet comment and I'm not pulling it back so that's that its really not the big deal. NOW I didn't even realize someone said they hope I wreck My SS....cool, OVER AN INTERNET AUCTION. Internet fighting is nothing but worthless and I have more important things in life to do like stare at a wall.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
I have more important things in life to do like stare at a wall.

:crackup:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Wow this went no where good fast.

Remember you can tell 10 different people the exact same thing and they will have 10 completely different stories. I admit when you first commented I though wow what a punk, only reason is I know alot of people that would do things far worse than that. IF anything I am just as guilty for trying to snipe parts off of it, I was just joking. Sarcasm was admitted lets move on Ladies and Gentlemen.

Voymom good luck with the bidding, and repairs if it makes it that far.

:cool:

Tarnished

Dec 3, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
I backpedaled because apparently this thread was turned upside down because she might not win an online auction. And to be honest I thought it was a tough guy internet comment and I'm not pulling it back so that's that its really not the big deal. NOW I didn't even realize someone said they hope I wreck My SS....cool, OVER AN INTERNET AUCTION. Internet fighting is nothing but worthless and I have more important things in life to do like stare at a wall.

Good deal.. we see eye to eye then. It wasn't a big deal to begin with, I just reacted to a post.
This wasn't even close to any kind of fight, internet or not. Like I said, I apologize for my lack of impulse control.
As far as I'm concerned, it's done and over.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Ari Gold said it best:

6210dc03-6803-ca20.jpg

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Wow, glad that was a big missunderstanding. :smile: That is one thing I have always disliked about talking to others on the internet. One person can read the same thing as another, and come out with something tottaly different. But I know deep down we are a big happy circle of friends. :grouphug:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online