Well this is what I did to her

Sn00kyCr00k

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Not sure If it was a wise choice...LOL. There are Before/After pix,use your judgment because I couldnt get them in order properly. I dont know what I was thinking with the wheels, but meh. The color I used, I would LOVE to have the body painted with one day once I can afford it. I just did my engine bay today,thanks to May0 showin me how! Squeaky clean

Attachments

• Photo0647.jpg
    Photo0647.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 155830_161053633936555_100000957570345_286741_3242790_n.jpg
    155830_161053633936555_100000957570345_286741_3242790_n.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 17

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I like the work you put in under the hood. Too many people neglect that area.:cool:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
The wheels look good. I don't know about painting the entire vehicle with that color but definitely accents.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Well I forsee me detaling my Engine Bay, My Parents Suburban and My Grandpas LeSabre!

Sn00kyCr00k

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Me007gold said:
Are they purple?

Yeah LOL

smitty5150 said:
Lookin good! Gotta do something about that nose-dive, though. Lift, lower....something to level it out.

Eventually. I only have a limited amount of funds, and LACK of mechanic friends :!

djthumper said:
The wheels look good. I don't know about painting the entire vehicle with that color but definitely accents.

Id like to do at LEASE the same purple on all the sides leaving the hood roof and hatch alone...or vice versa. I want to do something. The wheels I want to have black with chrom lip OR color match to the grey if im going to do the purple sides. Getin new tires ruined the paint on them though, so powder coating is next. eventually. even if its just black

Cable810 said:
Well I forsee me detaling my Engine Bay, My Parents Suburban and My Grandpas LeSabre!

Yeah, i deff had a blast doing it. It hasnt been done prolly since 07! Glad I did it. I dont know if i should have done this but i did use regular AmorAll on a rag to wipe everything down after I dried the engine. Looks good, and I checked it after driving around,still looks fine with the heat so yeah!

Ghoster said:
I like the work you put in under the hood. Too many people neglect that area.:cool:

I stole the idea from May0. I actually didnt know you could hose out an engine bay! what,4days ago I found out..and I did it today was 45degrees out in january! wow

jbones said:
Any special process May0 show you?

He sent me a vid link as a template. I did cover my alternator up with foil first. I used Super Clean degreaser ($10 gallon @ autozone) in a spray bottle,full strength. Sprayed directly on dry dirty engine n went over everything with a toothbrush and more degreaser. Let it sit like 10mins and rinsed off. Went to those self car wash places. Dried everything off a bit and used Armor All..regular protection spray on a rag and just wiped everything down. I started the engine as I was wiping with the AAll to help dry everythin. AND that was it! The alluminum is pretty corroded,kinda. I wouldnt mind givin it a polish one day.

IslandRunner said:
BarneyMobile?, Naw it's a little too dark for that, Not bad.

Lol your a dick. I think it looks good and done in good taste. I wanted something different,out of the ordinary.
:wink:

smitty5150 said:
Lookin good! Gotta do something about that nose-dive, though. Lift, lower....something to level it out.

If anything Ill lower the rear to match the front. Then ill be plowing thru all the snow

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
I like the idea of that color on the wheels. I would try to take some of it back of so there would be bright accents to break up the color. Wish my engine bay looked like yours!

Sn00kyCr00k

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
bore_pig said:
I like the idea of that color on the wheels. I would try to take some of it back of so there would be bright accents to break up the color. Wish my engine bay looked like yours!

Origionally i was going to do purple in the inner spokes and the black on the outside...but then it would remind me of tractor tires for some reason. Im redoing them anyways eventually and just doin the bowtie on the wheels black. Theyre just going to be my screw around wheels. Lol. And your engine bay can look like it i explained how i did it up ^^ there somewhere, and May0 put a link ^^^ there too. It took like 25mins tops.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Don't lower it, leveling it will do just fine. It's good to be different lol and Nice job making the engine bay SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN :thumbsup:

Sn00kyCr00k

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
TexazReece said:
Don't lower it, leveling it will do just fine. It's good to be different lol and Nice job making the engine bay SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN :thumbsup:

Thats wat I meant lol. Matching the rear with the front. And thank you :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.