Water pump blew - about 90 miles from home

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
AAA Plus will tow you 100 miles, and Premier will do one 200 mile tow per year. No AAA? :frown: Good luck, and be careful out there. Check Yelp for reviews if you possibly can.

mubai

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
the roadie said:
AAA Plus will tow you 100 miles, and Premier will do one 200 mile tow per year. No AAA? :frown: Good luck, and be careful out there. Check Yelp for reviews if you possibly can.

Thanks Roadie. I did have that option, but I needed to get to my client's site, just a few miles away. I waited for a colleague to meet me and drove the truck 1.3 miles (turning it off at every red light :smile:) to a garage who said they could fix it and have it done today.

Cost: $475 to replace the water pump, serpentine belt and the Dexcool.
Sap Automotive Center - Canton Industrial Area - Baltimore, MD

I've already replaced that damn thing once, before it went bad (had to replace the fan clutch). I put a Bosch water pump in there. The truck had weird on/off vibrations for a few weeks now and couldn't pinpoint it. Now, I think I know where the vibration was coming from :frown:

I wish we had the option of car broke down smiley and car fixed smiley.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
mubai said:
I needed to get to my client's site, just a few miles away.

My dad owned a construction company. He wrote many things as a business expense for vehicles. Perhaps you could do the same if you have a company?

mubai

Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
CaptainXL said:
My dad owned a construction company. He wrote many things as a business expense for vehicles. Perhaps you could do the same if you have a company?

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. But, I use the mileage method and not fuel and maintanence. No biggie, the $475 was worth it. Still annoyed it went bad.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee