Water getting into fog light?

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Water is getting into my front left fog light. I looked at the fog light housing and seems fine. Has anyone had this prob?

Nizar

Dec 7, 2011
TexazReece said:
Water is getting into my front left fog light. I looked at the fog light housing and seems fine. Has anyone had this prob?

same probllrm here i tried everythting to know from where the water is getting in,tried silicone to cover it but didnt work,just remove the bulb for a couple oh hours and everything will dry

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Maybe there's a crack in the fog light? I know that sounds obvious but if you're not looking then it won't show.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I actually had this prob with one of my envoy's reverse lights on the rear bumper. It didn't work at all with a new bulb. Sooo I tore it apart and a wire was rip out of the housing. So yea said f*** it and just vht'd them both. Good luck bro.

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Appreciate the info/help yall I think I might order new fog housing and that should do it. Don't want to but water and electrical wiring don't mix.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You'd probably have to jack up the front, so you could get easier access to it. I wanna say there are 3 bolts or nuts on the back of it, holding it in the bumper.

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks Carlton, I saw those but thought I'd have to take the bumper off still. I will try tomorrow when I get off work and there's daylight

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online