Water build up on bumper

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Is it safe to drill a small drain hole inside the bumper where the water is building up in this picture?
It really bugs me when i wash the tb having to scrub down there and soak up the water ! Is there exposed styrofoam under the plastic ?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356371828922.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356371828922.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 11

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Here's what looks like a drain hole but im not sure cause its elevated you'll see my spyderco knife pointed at it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356372042307.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356372042307.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 13

andrew4321

Jan 28, 2012
The hole that you are pointing out in the photograph is not a drain hole, instead it is actually the hole that allows for one to connect the tools that are located under the rear seat in order to lower the spare tire.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
you should be able to crawl under and see what is there. If it was me, I would want to see to check for wires and the like right there. (and make sure the trailer wires are not routed where I want to drill)

it is yours, you can drill wherever you like.

if you are clever I bet you could hide a hole behind the tread inset. just remember holes work both ways.

if you want, you could always put some kind of bushing in to cover the nicks which you are likely to get where you drill, or be prepared to paint the edges.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
meerschm said:
you should be able to crawl under and see what is there. If it was me, I would want to see to check for wires and the like right there. (and make sure the trailer wires are not routed where I want to drill)

if you are clever I bet you could hide a hole behind the tread inset. just remember holes work both ways.

if you want, you could always put some kind of bushing in to cover the nicks which you are likely to get where you drill, or be prepared to paint the edges.

If it were me I'd just leave it and don't drill holes. After washing just open your hatch and dry it all with a shammy. Park on an incline, you could build ramps if you want to so it drains if it rains (only kidding)!!

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
meerschm said:

Denali n DOO said:
If it were me I'd just leave it and don't drill holes. After washing just open your hatch and dry it all with a shammy. Park on an incline, you could build ramps if you want to so it drains if it rains (only kidding)!!

Well after a lot of thinking i just can't go drilling holes, plus it rains very little here. I'll just deal with the nasty dirt and water.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online