Video - Removing Envoy/Trailblazer door panel for repairs

grandoak

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
As I was seeking this information to replacing a door mirror, I am assuming that others may be as well. So I thought I would share a YouTube video I found which was the best I reviewed.

[video=youtube;obn2OCSOR38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=obn2OCSOR38[/video]

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Lol that's Mike he has a lot of how to thread's that are helpful on here. Welcome to the site by the way:thumbsup:

grandoak

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
I hope Mike is OK with me posting this link to his video then as I wasn't finding it through searches I was running here.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
TexazReece said:

grandoak said:

I'm Mike D and I get respect
Your cash and your jewelry is what I expect.

lol

It's cool that you posted the video. The other videos didn't show that you're supposed to put the lip of the door panel into the groove before popping the door pins in. If you do it the way that the other guys show it, the door will pop in but there will be a small gap at the top that looks terrible. I've seen it at least 9,000 times.

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
MAY03LT said:
The other videos didn't show that you're supposed to put the lip of the door panel into the groove before popping the door pins in. If you do it the way that the other guys show it, the door will pop in but there will be a small gap at the top that looks terrible. I've seen it at least 9,000 times.
That explains why all 4 of my panels have a gap up top. Fail on me,I thought there was something missing.

am-radio

Apr 24, 2012
Another trick you can use for not loosing the bolt is to put one wrap of electrical tape around the bolt and socket. Start the bolt in the threads a turn or two, and pull the socket and tape off the bolt, remove tape and then continue to tighten the bolt.

grandoak

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
MAY03LT said:
The other videos didn't show that you're supposed to put the lip of the door panel into the groove before popping the door pins in.

Learned that one long ago on Suburban, one reason vid stood out as being good info!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online