Vibrations and growling from Underneath!!!!

zamimj222

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
Illinois
Hope someone can help me figure this one out...
I changed the trans fluid and filter along with both diffs and the transfer case. I made sure all the fluids were to their respected full levels. I had used Dexron III instead of Dexron VI so I did flush the whole thing through the trans / radiator tube. I now have a new problem. Around 35 MPH and above there is a growl from underneath that is louder that the engine exhaust. It is accompanied by a slight vibration in the gas pedal. After letting off the gas, it seems to hang up, as if the cruise is on, at the speed for a few seconds before starting to slow. The noise does go away after slowing back down to around 35 MPH.... Any ideas?

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
zamimj222 said:
Hope someone can help me figure this one out...
I changed the trans fluid and filter along with both diffs and the transfer case. I made sure all the fluids were to their respected full levels. I had used Dexron III instead of Dexron VI so I did flush the whole thing through the trans / radiator tube. I now have a new problem. Around 35 MPH and above there is a growl from underneath that is louder that the engine exhaust. It is accompanied by a slight vibration in the gas pedal. After letting off the gas, it seems to hang up, as if the cruise is on, at the speed for a few seconds before starting to slow. The noise does go away after slowing back down to around 35 MPH.... Any ideas?

Check post #5 from your other thread: http://gmtnation.com/f23/transmission-whine-after-servicing-910/#post19502

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.