Vibration/rumble with speed during turns

bdorsch44

Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
I noticed this a couple weeks ago and it seems to be getting worse and worse. What happens is when I turn between 10-40 MPH, I feel and hear a vibration/rumble/rubbing sensation that increases and decreases with speed. Being able to feel it, I assume that it in the front end but I started noticing this right after I blew my E-brake cable. Anyone else experience this before? I work for NAPA and talked to a bunch of mechanics without getting a conclusive answer. One guys says its the axel, one says sway bar links, another says ball joints and the last says it's the bearings or hub.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
I think the last guy is the one you need to buy a few beer for, for a few more, he might change it for you. :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
tall tale signs of hubs... could be mistaken though...

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
bdorsch44 said:
One guys says its the axel, one says sway bar links, another says ball joints and the last says it's the bearings or hub.

That's pretty vague. But look. Seeing how you got an 03 don't ya think it would be good idea to get each of those items checked out anyway? You know you can check them right?

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
How many miles on the truck, and have the differentials been serviced? Or at least checked for fluid?
My first thought was front wheel bearings also, but all should be checked.
The sway bar links normally aren't noisy just from turning, but, again, should be checked.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online