Username or Password Incorrect

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
I tried to post this in Site Support, but apparently I did not have a Topic Prefix and didn't see where to type one.

I am trying to use an Android Tablet and want to sign in using the web .com address. I am inputting the username and password correctly, but continue to be informed that I am not.

Please tell me I don't have to use Tapatalk.

Thanks,
Robb

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
POS

Signed in and it force rotates the viewing 90° (vertical using only). I have a connected keyboard w protective cover the OTHER way. Guess there will be no GMTN with the tablet.

ah well, living free and having fun. Not all in the world can say that.

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I log in on my phone or tablet with my browser without issue.

Make sure your device isn't auto capitalizing (or auto correcting) your password on you.

Or could tell it to load the full site if you wanted on the tablet. I've done that before as I like the full site better than the mobile version, and on the larger screen I have no need of the slimmed down version.

Upvote 0

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
I am very confused. I use lastpass and have been auto signing in for months. I double checked the password it uses to be what I know. I then signed out using the wife's laptop, and when it tried to sign in.... wait for it... username or password incorrect.

I'm now on my own laptop and will have to have the system reset my password... when I sign out and can't get back in.

Now, that is ODD.

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Oh I've never used lastpass.

Maybe on your system that you're still logged in under, just change the password? To be safe so you don't get locked out some how :eek:

Upvote 0

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
In order to change the password, you have to know the current password. That prevents a hack from sitting at your computer and messin' with your account.

I've got it reset already and the world may turn out okay, after all. Let see when I try from the tablet...... tick tock

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Oh right, forgot about that part :dunce:

Upvote 0

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Okay... all logged in on the tablet. FMR, somehow I was using a different password with an autologin for I dont know how long.

Thanks for the assistance!

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That's weird. Glad you got it all worked out. Moved thread to proper forum.

Upvote 0

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Blckshdw said:
That's weird. Glad you got it all worked out. Moved thread to proper forum.
I know, right, and thanks for the move. Not sure why I couldn't post properly in site support.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online

No members online now.