Unable to Program PCM with Tech 2

neelskit

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
I swapped some minor computer repairs with a local auto shop for updating my PCM in the TB to finally address some annoying issues I've been having. (stumble on acceleration, poor A/C performance at idle, etc.) We were able to get the Tech 2 to communicate with the PCM, but it failed re-programming on two attempts.

Before initiating the programming procedure, GM Link instructed that the BRAKE and LGM fuses needed to be removed, so I thought maybe the remote start is causing a problem since it is also communicates via Class 2 Data. I disconnected the remote start module as well as it's interface module and the program procedure completed successfully. Apparently one of the two modules (most likely the interface) was interfering with the communication between the PCM and the Tech 2.

Thought I would throw this out there in case someone else had this issue down the road...

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Cool tip. I wonder if ones with an aftermarket audio adapter have to have that adapter unplugged as well.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i can't remember if it was a alarm bypass or chime adapter I had that had a sticker on it that said to unplug if you are flashing the ECM

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online