Troubleshooting MAF Sensor on 2006 4.2

mb522

Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
Hello all,

Was wondering whether anyone has the troubleshooting procedures for the MAF Sensor on a 2006 4.2 engine. I had already pulled it and cleaned it using CRC MAF Sensor Spray. I would like to know which wire on the connector to back-probe, and the expected voltages with ignition on, at idle, and at higher RPM's.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
My 2004 doesn't have the MAF sensor, so my shop manual won't help or I'd look it up for you. It could be a good excuse to upgrade to a scan tool that can look at the data and that's useful for MANY issues.

mb522

Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
the roadie said:
My 2004 doesn't have the MAF sensor, so my shop manual won't help or I'd look it up for you. It could be a good excuse to upgrade to a scan tool that can look at the data and that's useful for MANY issues.
Hi Roadie,

I do happen to own an Innova 3110 Code Reader which has freeze frame data. Would any of that freeze-frame data be useful in troubleshooting a bad MAF Sensor?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I dont' have that tool, but I have to believe any tool that can display freeze frame data can also display real time data, which is what you need. The PCM stores data into its freeze frame memory when it detects operating conditions that it wants to save for a tech to look at.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online

No members online now.