Transmission scare!

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
So I go to check my trans on my truck and pull the dipstick out and notice it has thick rust on it at the top and the fluid is contaminated with what looks to be dirt. Im thinking the fluid is also probably rust too. I cleaned the dipstick and put it back in and checked again and same stuff came up,Ive searched the OS and it seems to be a common issue. Coincidence is I just bought a new filter to change the filter and fluid in the pan,has anyone experienced this and should i be freaking out? thanks guys any input will be taken into consideration.

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Also,Just to add the fluid isnt BLACK its not bright fresh red either kind of an inbetween. Truck shifts fine no noises or anything.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
could it be the dipstick tube is rusted, and you're pulling rust out with the dipstick?

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Its very possible,because every time i pull the dipstick out it scrapes against the tube. I might aswell just change the filter and pull the tube before i fill it up and replace it huh?

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
cars don't last forever... steel + oxygen + time = rust

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
This is true, its just weird cause I've had 87 blazers and didn't even see this issue.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
[EBAY]260932914509[/EBAY]

goes into the tranny

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online