transmission issue?

shrek77

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
Hi, i just recently had my transmission replaced with a jasper unit 3 weeks ago. the transmission shifts fine from a complete stop and goes threw all gears. The weird thing is sometimes when I pull out from a complete stop and accelerate to about 10 mph and leave off and then re-accelerate it seems like it is stuck between first and second for about two seconds. I have to go from a side road across a main street and back onto a side street to go home, that's how I came across this issue. does this happen to anyone else at all? it doesnt do anything else un-normal at all. I checked the new fluid and its at proper level and no cec light. I was reading old posts about something similar about interrupting a partial throttle shift from first to second by pushing the gas harder and it doing the same thing for a few seconds. Like a computer issue delay in telling the transmission what to do. So I'm thinking when I leave off the gas and re-apply it was about ready to shift and I'm confusing the system briefly. Is this plausable? Anyone have any idea?:undecided: Thanks for any insight!:tiphat:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Is it warmed up when it behaves this way? Cold coolant causes the PCM to command shifting behavior that seems odd but it gets better when warm. What's the installer say? I assume you have a warranty.

shrek77

Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
the roadie said:
Is it warmed up when it behaves this way? Cold coolant causes the PCM to command shifting behavior that seems odd but it gets better when warm. What's the installer say? I assume you have a warranty.

It does it when it's warmed up, and you have to try several times like getting it just right for it to happen. That's why I was thinking it was the pcm. It has 3 yr 100 thou warranty. I didn't talk to the dealer, I figured I'd wait and see if it gets worse.

Shmittey

Mar 30, 2012
You dropped some hard earned coin to get that trans installed... If something is not right you need to get back in and get it at least looked at, you paid for a fully functioning product... Demand nothing less. I, and I am sure many others have just said "too much hassle" and its easier to just live with something rather than pursue the mfg to make it right, we just drop our standards to accommodate inferior products.

Im not saying you bought junk or that there is a big issue, I just hate to see it turn up in 32 months and they tell you to go screw.

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
Shmittey said:
You dropped some hard earned coin to get that trans installed... If something is not right you need to get back in and get it at least looked at, you paid for a fully functioning product... Demand nothing less......
:iagree: The shop that did the install should check it out and make any adjustments needed. If that doesn't fix it, contact Jasper for a replacement.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online