Transgo/Sonnax/Corvette Servo Kit & Boost Valve questions?

kawaholic

Sep 9, 2013
That's just totally unacceptable... We need that pic NOW!!!! J/K :biggrin: No problem, anytime.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Looking at the ebay pic again that Scott posted, seems there are gaskets along with the plate for the valve body. The plate from the dealer has everything as a whole, no need to mess with the gaskets...all one piece. Not sure who has them aftermarket like that, or if it's a PITA to deal with...but just FYI. I like the revised OEM plate, if I need to ream any ports then I can at my leisure.

tmm217

Oct 18, 2012
Alright just took the shots of actual servo
View attachment 30722
the broken piece is 1 3/4" in length. Thanks again Kawaholic.

Attachments

• DSCN0713.jpg
    DSCN0713.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN0714.jpg
    DSCN0714.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0715.jpg
    DSCN0715.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 18

kawaholic

Sep 9, 2013
Wasn't near a computer yesterday, sorry about that. Just got it posted over there a few minutes ago. Personally, I think you're probably good where you've got it. I'll post up when I get a reply from Dana.

tmm217

Oct 18, 2012
Thanks man your my new best friend! I asked a local trans shop and they also said I should be alright like this too. Hopefully Dana will agree too and I can move on with this long project. I consider myself very very lucky. Thanks again.

kawaholic

Sep 9, 2013
Just got a reply that the images aren't coming through. <SIGH> I THOUGHT I posted the pics over there. I see them on my computer but if I look on my phone, all I see is a blue box with a ? inside... :hissyfit:

tmm217, do you have a link for the pics in a photobucket or similar account?

Anyone have any ideas how I can make the pics visible over there without having to follow a link back to the nation?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
kawaholic said:
Just got a reply that the images aren't coming through. <SIGH> I THOUGHT I posted the pics over there. I see them on my computer but if I look on my phone, all I see is a blue box with a ? inside... :hissyfit:

tmm217, do you have a link for the pics in a photobucket or similar account?

Anyone have any ideas how I can make the pics visible over there without having to follow a link back to the nation?

Save them to your own photobucket account :tongue:

kawaholic

Sep 9, 2013
No problem. As far as I can tell they're working now. I logged on with my phone without logging in and I was able to see them. Now we wait AGAIN...

I guess I could've posted them with my photobucket, I was just trying to save space for MY pics... :raspberry: :biggrin:

kawaholic

Sep 9, 2013
Dana says,
As long as it works and there are no leaks, leave it alone.

:wootwoot:

tmm217

Oct 18, 2012
Hopefully it'll be longer than 500miles that it lasted the first time or I'm gonna have to get a whole new trans. The wife will totally not be happy with that.

kawaholic

Sep 9, 2013
I hear ya. THAT would SUCK... I've got my fingers crossed that it holds up.

Scott89TTA

Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Dana at Pro Built Automatics hooked me up with all this stuff...$174 shipped.

Transgo separator plate (he predrilled the separator plate to meet my needs)
1-2 & 3-4 accumulator pistons (1 was Sonax pinless)
Corvette servo
Trans-go PWM eliminator kit which removes the soft, subtle converter lockup into a positive off/on style lock up, feels like another gear and is a great mod for towing.
May be some other parts I'm forgetting but Dana made the suggestion and it was spot on!

I did the install myself, I have done a few shift kits and boost valves over the years so the install wasn't bad at all. Everything is installed and working fine...shifts are mild under normal driving but the harder you accelerate the harder and more crisp they become. The PWM eliminator kit is sweet, converter lockup is as mentioned much more like shifting into another gear. I even towed my car (about 5,000 car/trailer) 150 miles from home to Ocean City, MD Endless Summer Cruise this past weekend and the trans performed excellent...huge improvement! I have had the parts installed for a couple weeks now but wanted to get some miles on it to make sure all was good before posting...probably about 1,000 miles on it and so far all is good.

Thanks for the referral :thumbsup:
Scott

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Scott89TTA said:

Corvette servo
Trans-go PWM eliminator kit which removes the soft, subtle converter lockup into a positive off/on style lock up, feels like another gear and is a great mod for towing.
May be some other parts I'm forgetting but Dana made the suggestion and it was spot on!

I did the install myself, I have done a few shift kits and boost valves over the years so the install wasn't bad at all. Everything is installed and working fine...shifts are mild under normal driving but the harder you accelerate the harder and more crisp they become. The PWM eliminator kit is sweet, converter lockup is as mentioned much more like shifting into another gear. I even towed my car (about 5,000 car/trailer) 150 miles from home to Ocean City, MD Endless Summer Cruise this past weekend and the trans performed excellent...huge improvement! I have had the parts installed for a couple weeks now but wanted to get some miles on it to make sure all was good before posting...probably about 1,000 miles on it and so far all is good.

Scott

Well done, I can't recommend this enough. I did almost the exact same but without the pinless.

Scott89TTA

Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Scott89TTA said:

Corvette servo

Scott

I forgot...Dana also included an upgraded/larger boost valve as well in the kit :thumbsup:

dla442

Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
Is it really necessary to replace the servo that come with these kits? Sure looks like a tight spot to access w/o dropping the trans. I bought one of the eBay kits from ct power train. I'm not looking for performance, just to fix the pwm tcc problem and replace accumulator pistons. My wife drives the TB so just wondering why this corvette servo is being used and replaced when doing a valve body?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online