Trailblazer stuttering a little bit

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I have not been on here for awhile because I have been trying to get rid of my trailblazer for something to save a little bit on gas since we have a little boy on the way I need to save all I can. But anyways to the real point for this post, I have recently started to notice a little bit of stutter in the way the tb drives, whether it is going from reverse to drive, turning, going from idle to drive it does it sometimes but not always, any ideas on what could be causing this and/or what I can do or try to fix it. Thank you in advance for the help!

Reactions: BlazingTrails

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I have not, I have had it for a little more than 10k miles, I am at about 113,000 miles and I am not sure if the previous owner did that or not.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
You are definitely going to need to remove the throttle body and clean it. Very important to also do a pcm reset afterwards.

You will find a lot of information on how to do both in this forum.

That should solve your problem. It is very easy to do.

Reactions: Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
PCM reset is easy. Pull the two PCM fuses for 30 min and then reinstall. I usually pull them first thing while I am cleaning. By the time everything is back together it has been 30 min.

Like Trails said, pull the throttle body and clean both sides. A clean throttle body can cure many different issues.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
How long has the fuel been in the tank? Is this a daily driver?

Anytime I have a drivability issue I like to start with the fuel and recommend fresh gas and a can of BG44K, stuff works wonders.

Other than that, how old are the plugs? Vacuum gauge reading is vital.....at least 17in, hopefully more and a steady needle?

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
It is my daily driver, so I fill it up about every two weeks, I have not done anything engine wise since I have had the tb

Jon Blaze

Sep 5, 2014
I know this is a old post but I'm having the issue with it stuttering. Air or no air sitting park also when driving it seems to not want to go every now and then. No codes this is my daily driver and I fuel it every 2 weeks or so. This is not all the time yet but I would like to fix it before I need a cab ride home.
2006 trailblazer 4.2 4/4 LT 56000 miles
Cleaned tb at 51785 to be exact original plugs coolant flush at 30000 oil changes before 2800 miles valvoline oil 5w30 not synthetic ac delco oil filter

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.