Trailblazer Squealing Brake Problems

StormPursuit

Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
I've looked in different threads and haven't found a solution to my problem. (Maybe I haven't looked hard enough). I have a 2005 LT 4WD and recently replaced all 4 pads and rotors. I put new ceramic pads on, with new rotors. I put brake grease on the back of the pads to help prevent the squeaking, and used the same clips that were already on the truck. I've replaced the pads 3 times even rotating them between wheels, keep applying new brake grease and they still squeal like crazy when I step on the brake. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
Paul :undecided:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Did you lube all of the moving parts? What brand pads? Cheap ceramics can be notorious for squeaking. If all else fails, throw on good quality OEM pads and see if that helps. Maybe it's not even pads....shot in the dark, but what if a hub or u joint is starting to fail?

StormPursuit

Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
I got Break Best Select ceramic pads, which were suggested for the vehicle. I did lube all the moving parts and the back of the pads, etc. I suppose its possible that something is failing. As of recently, when I turn corners or accelerate I can hear a popping noise. Like something metallic sliding and hitting something. I did find that the rear left sway support bar arm is lose and popping. So I think that is what I am hearing. The joints and all look fine. The squealing is aggravating and coming from both front wheels. I almost to the point of taking it to the shop. This has been a problem for nearly 6 months now. :crazy:

smitty5150 said:
Did you lube all of the moving parts? What brand pads? Cheap ceramics can be notorious for squeaking. If all else fails, throw on good quality OEM pads and see if that helps. Maybe it's not even pads....shot in the dark, but what if a hub or u joint is starting to fail?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online