TrailBlazer on Unique Whips

willn513

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
One of my "guilty pleasures" is an old TV show called Unique Whips. They haven't made any new episodes in years, but I still enjoy watching the reruns. Due to the immense popularity of this show, it is now only broadcast on SPEEDVISION at 2:00 AM on weekdays :biggrin:

Anyways I was setting up my DVR to catch a few of them this week and noticed one episode called "Blazing a Trail to NASCAR". The summary reads: "Will tricks out Kevin Harvick's TrailBlazer as a prize in the Goodyear/Victory Junction Gang Sweepstakes"

Just thought I would share in case any of you guys want to watch. It is on SPEEDVISION on Thursday 2/21 at 2:00 AM.

WhiteTB

Nov 22, 2011
Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I love seeing our trucks being customized

scorpio1

Dec 12, 2012
As another option to view it, the entire series is on Netflix. :smile: That is where I watch the re-runs myself.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Here it is on Hulu

[video]http://www.hulu.com/watch/210667[/video]

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
for being a car customizing shop/show, i think they did a terrible job on that TB... the box for the system was pretty neat... but that was the only thing i liked about the whole truck... the pinstriping sucked, the rims and tires were just :puke:, but the audio system, i would rock that... and Patti Labelle's CLS 55 looked better with the factory wheels then those Lorenzo's they put on it :rotfl:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
for being a car customizing shop/show, i think they did a terrible job on that TB... the box for the system was pretty neat... but that was the only thing i liked about the whole truck... the pinstriping sucked, the rims and tires were just :puke:, but the audio system, i would rock that... and Patti Labelle's CLS 55 looked better with the factory wheels then those Lorenzo's they put on it :rotfl:

:iagree: Int the beginning Will said they would put some 22's on it, then someone cheaped out, I'm guessing because it was a give away truck.

willn513

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
:iagree: Int the beginning Will said they would put some 22's on it, then someone cheaped out, I'm guessing because it was a give away truck.

Yeah- like Reme said he wanted to do a sweet fiberglas enclosure for the subs and he was like -No don't do that he's just giving this truck away...

Weak all around. I'm glad I saw it because it was neat to see one of our beloved GMTs on TV, but they really didn't do all that much to it...

And Juan I'm with you on the 5 spokes being 10000 times better on the CLS55

Also- I think that dude put the tint on the outside of the window on the tailgate :undecided:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
willn513 said:
I think that dude put the tint on the outside of the window on the tailgate :undecided:

I use to watch Unique Whips when it was new. I remember him laying the tint on the outside to cut it then putting it on the inside.

willn513

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
I use to watch Unique Whips when it was new. I remember him laying the tint on the outside to cut it then putting it on the inside.

Good call on this. I bet that's what he was doing...

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
Boricua SS said:

I agree. Seemed like they could have done a whole lot better. I turned it off part way through. Any one of us probably could have done just as good. I always kinda thought that about a lot of stuff they do on that show though. I mean, they use rattle can vinyl dye on interiors, build boxes out of partical board. There are some things that they do that are amazing, but you would think that everything they do on camera would be amazing. I think they cut a lot of corners. Watching those guys mount tires makes me cringe. I cant beleive they do not damage those wheels. They use an impact to slam on the lug nuts. Jump up and down on tires trying to get them on rims. Just a half ass shop is what it looks like to me.

It is funny I was just telling my wife the same about the Mercedes. I think the origional wheels looked way better.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I remember watching that episode when it first aired. I wonder what came of this ride?

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
I used to watch that show as well... they had some good ideas at times and then they'd come up with some real shitty ones...

I'm unable to find any of the old shows on torrents or anything, since the links to the episodes are utterly useless for anyone outside of the US.. :banghead:

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
I saw that one episode just last year in Dec I think. Since KH is my favorite driver and I've met both him and Delana here in DFW at Malibu Speed Zone a few years ago, I watched that one and was excited at first then saw that it was a give away and could only sigh. I'm hoping Kev can pull off the win on Sunday which would make him the only person in history to win all 3 races in same week at Daytona-he's got 2 out of the 3 so far.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online