Trailblazer 4.2 I6 EVAP Line/Valve/Solenoid - Vacuum Stuff

webdawg

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
In further diagnostic of a hot manifold issue on my I am having with my 2004 Trailblazer I am searching for a vacuum leak on my intake. One of the thinks I am going to inspect is the EVAP system of the car.

I cannot find a part number for the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge line if I need to replace it. It is the tube that comes off the throttle body. One of the reasons I do not like this line is that I can swivel the right angle head that plugs into the throttle body. Is this normal?

If, after inspecting all the hoses and the brake booster check valve, replacing the intake manifold gasket (and inspecting it), and fuel injectors I do not find anything more while still having the issue I am going to look at this system.

From what I can tell, if I were to unplug the valve on the side of the engine and THEN cap the throttle body vacuum port I can temporarily remove this system safely right? I just want to do this as a test.

Also, as a test of the brake booster valve, if after leaving the vehicle sit for 24 hours the pedal is still enhanced (not stiff) I should be fine right? I know a test of the booster itself is to see if it pumps up with the vehicle off. This would test for a leaky diaphragm. I also found a document referencing the real tests:
http://ssbrakes.com/attachment/85569-Vacuum Brake Booster Testing and Diagnosis.pdf

Also, I plan to rent a hand held vacuum pump to test some things. Can I use this to measure the vacuum at idle (just hook it up and look) and if so does anyone know what vacuum is supposed to be at idle etc?

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online