traction control

nbenjamin

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Hi
on the 05 tb should i have a traction control light on the instrument display when i lose traction ?when i lose traction i feel it on the pedal and can hear it

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
nbenjamin said:
Hi
on the 05 tb should i have a traction control light on the instrument display when i lose traction ?when i lose traction i feel it on the pedal and can hear it
In '05, the 2 wheel drive trucks had traction control. the 4x4 trucks did not. I had a 4x4 truck, so I can not use that truck as an example; however, my Avalanche has traction control, and the dash light will light when the traction control is active.

What you are feeling, is the brake (for the wheel that is loosing traction) being applied.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Ace1875 said:
i drove a rental 05 swb 2wd with traction control and the light did light up when i lost traction.
I'm sure this is normalo, without a light to tell you TC is active, the driver would be saying "What da hell's wrong with my truck"

jham

Nov 20, 2011
RayVoy said:
In '05, the 2 wheel drive trucks had traction control. the 4x4 trucks did not. I had a 4x4 truck, so I can not use that truck as an example; however, my Avalanche has traction control, and the dash light will light when the traction control is active.

What you are feeling, is the brake (for the wheel that is loosing traction) being applied.

I have an 05 2wd and no traction control :confused: unless the Canadian models had it and the US ones didn't

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I have traction control on mine...its down under the HU by the cup holders and that will light up when the car looses traction. Unless I turn it off then the light off is on. Which I leave it on :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online