Torque App

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
If anyone has any good PIDs for the Torque app, would you care to share them? I can't get a trans temp PID to work and I'm curious as to what my temp is running. Also, the engine load and throttle percent seem high, as does the IAT temp. I'm using v. 1.6.14. The trans temp PID is ((A-40)*(9/5))+32. Got it from the Torque forum, and it only shows a reading of 32.

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
C-ya said:
If anyone has any good PIDs for the Torque app, would you care to share them? I can't get a trans temp PID to work and I'm curious as to what my temp is running. Also, the engine load and throttle percent seem high, as does the IAT temp. I'm using v. 1.6.14. The trans temp PID is ((A-40)*(9/5))+32. Got it from the Torque forum, and it only shows a reading of 32.

The trans temp PIDs come built into the latest versions of Torque:
On the main screen go to Settings-->Manage extra PIDs/Sensors-->Add predefined set and choose Pontiac/GM/Opel/Vauxhall

There will now be 2 to 4 Transmission Temperature or Transmission Fluid Temp PIDs in the list to choose from when setting up your gauges. One of those should work.

For completeness: the PID is 221940 with either "Auto" or "7E2" as the OBD Header. ((A-40)*(9/5))+32 is the equation.

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Thanks - I meant the equation. I understand the entire PID is made of several components. Just getting started with messing with them.

I just changed the header in my phone to 7E2 from Auto, so I'll see what happens the next time I connect. Traveling for business at the moment, but I'll be home tomorrow.

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Well, the tranny was giving believable temps today (for the 3 miles I drove it!), and the engine load even looked real. Dunno if activating the predefined set of PIDs did it or what, but I'm happier now! I am fairly positive I activated that set last week, but maybe not.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The pre-defined work like a charm...except for the fuel gauge. The scan guage can get it, but the torque app, to me at least, is where it falls down. I'm not put out about it so much that I'm going to get a scan guage, but it would be nice to have.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
I'm getting my adaptor today!! :wootwoot:

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
When I went to test drive the TB, I plugged in and the salesman asked what I was doing. The CEL was illuminated, so I said, "Just monitoring functions and seeing what the CEL is for." There was about 6 or 7 codes, one being a MAF code and probably causing a few of the others. When I decided to buy it, the used car manager (jokingly) said, "We'll have to fix it for real." I said, "Yep!" He and my father-in-law have known each other for years. When I went to pick it up, they gave me a printout of the work they did to it to clear the CEL. One of the items was fuel level sensor replaced. On the way home, I filled up and noticed the gauge wasn't reading 100% full. I plugged the adapter in and started Torque and noticed the fuel was reading 94 or 96%. I think it was one of the Air/fuel multi-line displays. I'll have to play with that one a little more. Not sure if it is enough of a bother to go back and have them check it out, but it is rather annoying that the "fix" didn't fix it.

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Cable, you are almost as far as you can get away from me w/o being in the UP! Beautiful country up there. If/when I get independently wealthy, I'd love to move north. I love it up there, but there is almost no work.

Enjoy playing with Torque. I know I have!

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
C-ya said:
One of the items was fuel level sensor replaced. On the way home, I filled up and noticed the gauge wasn't reading 100% full. I plugged the adapter in and started Torque and noticed the fuel was reading 94 or 96%. I think it was one of the Air/fuel multi-line displays. I'll have to play with that one a little more. Not sure if it is enough of a bother to go back and have them check it out, but it is rather annoying that the "fix" didn't fix it.

After my level sensor was replaced 2 years ago I noticed the same thing. With it reading lower than it actually is, less of a chance of "other drivers in the family" running out of gas.:thumbsup:

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Scratch that. Apparently it is not a PID.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online