Took ABS fuse out now Trailblazer won't start

Mark20ml

Original poster
Mar 14, 2015
Hello everybody i have a 2003 trailblazer LS 4 Wheel Drive having issues with the abs now were i brake speed gets down to 5 or 6 mph and abs kicks in sometimes making me not be able to stop. So i took out the 60amp ABS fuse to stop that problem but now my truck won't start unless i put that ABS fuse back in i thought that was weird. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Thanks

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
This is actually a common problem as our TrailBlazers and Envoys age. You can often fix this by pulling the sensors that sense wheel speed and cleaning them. As you reach slow speeds they pick up erratic signals which make the ABS computer think the wheel locked and thus ABS braking is needed.

Here's a thread on the subject with diagnostic notes and fixing notes: http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/12845-brake-are-wonky/?hl=%2Bwheel+%2Bspeed+%2Bsensor#entry408577

You can also search the forum for "wheel speed sensor" and find a few other threads.

Reactions: Mark20ml

Mark20ml

Original poster
Mar 14, 2015
Thanks for the help so i cleaned the ABS sensors which stopped the brakes from pulsating so that's a good thing but the truck is still hard to start yesterday it took 20-30 turns of the key to start it would crank every time but just wouldn't turn over then i got out the truck pulled the abs fuse for 10to 20 seconds put it back in turn the key and the truck start. Any suggestion on this issue? Thanks in advance

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.