To amplify or not...

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Here we go again gump.:thumbsup:

To get the great sound out of your system its all about "Front Staging" Which gives a front dominant sound like listening from a stage. I have been tweaking on front stage since my first car where the 1st speakers I dropped in were walmart duals :no:. Anyway step one is getting your highs and lows split which you have already done, but where are your tweeters sitting for your comps, because if you got them in the door your restricting the ability, you basically have a high end coaxial in your front door. Anyway for the rear mainly you would use a "filler" speaker AKA: Coaxials just to fill the void of sound in the back seats I have comps back there but the tweets are in the B pillar angled in the front lol so basically coaxials. People in my back seat get left out. So on a budget I recommend the filler.

Dash. The 3.5s will add more dynamic sound by being a coaxial. But they get a little tricky to tune if your as insane as me. But they are a good choice once you get them at the right HP-LP they deliver!

As far as speaker brands I saw you said kickers were backordered....eBay that 3.5s are cheap on there!
With your rear you can brand match with your kenwood I don't think it would be a idea you would regret for any reason.

Amps

If your liking you hifonics I have nothing bad to say about there doors amps they are not CEA compliant but it still never bothered me plenty of sound, and they are clear for the $

I wish they had this one when I was doing my old LT, Compliant Hifonics.
Hifonics GLX60.4 240W RMS, Class A/B 4-Channel Gladiator Series Amp

Kenwood KAC-2404S (KAC2404S) 500W 4-Chan Stereo Power Amplifier

There is a lot of options and if you need to go cheaper Im not going to hate on you, Your truck your rules.

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
LOL Yep Here we go again. I know Ive probably asked very similar things before. Im old.. memory is the first thing to go! :confused: I guess I just like opinions. I know what seems decent I just like many options. I like my fronts but i dont wanna pop another $130 for the rears. So Ill need to look around a bit for those.

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
I do like the idea of running another hifonics amp. So thats a great suggestion. I used hifonics back in 93 when shit was stupid expensive and I somewhat knew what I was doing. Now Im old and decrepit and trying to relive my youth! :tequila:

Kicker 11DS65 (DS65) 6-1/2" / 6-3/4" DS 2-way Car Speakers

and

Kicker DS35 (11DS35) 3-1/2" DS-Series 2-way Speakers

These seem like a good start for the price. And with the low rms of the 3.5's I could run them off the HU just fine.
I may look a bit more just for the hell of it but this is a good start. I have 80 sq ft of AlphaDamp coming in the mail so I will be waist deep in that install as well as writing up a review and taking photos. why o why do I always insist on doing everything at once! I blame all of you! :rotfl:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Because waiting is never fun mods are better together lol! And I will recommend kicker all day everyday,My Lt had an abundance of them. lol

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
and thats the truth ruth! :dielaugh: When I pass through St Louis Im gonna stop and make you tune my stuff, so be ready!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online